Author Topic: George Duncan McIntyre  (Read 5458 times)

Offline electron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
George Duncan McIntyre
« on: Wednesday 27 February 08 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am looking for the parents and possible siblings of George Duncan McIntyre. He was born about 1758 in Argyllshire, Scotland. He died about 1839 in Northumberland County, New brunswick, Canada.  One of the Loyalists who settled in New Brunswick. He had served in the 74th Regiment of Foot, the Argyll Highlanders. He also served as a sargent in the Revolutionary War and was attached to the 42nd regiment.  hoping for some sucess.
Thanks,
Electron

Offline Hardwicke

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Duncan McIntyre
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 December 13 20:41 GMT (UK) »

Hello,

I believe I may be related to George Duncan McIntyre. He was a sargent with the 42nd Batallion Royal Highland Regiment and served in the American Revotionnary War. He then moved to the then newly created province of New Brunswick (N.B.), received a land grant and married an Irish born women by the name of Sarah Thornton.  The marriage took place in Newscastle, N.B. He resided in Baie Saint-Anne, N.B. until hi death about 1830. My connection to him is as follows: He had a son named Archibald: Archibald Mc had a son named Daniel; Daniel Mc had a son named Robert; Robert Mc had a son named Albert. Albert Mc is still with us; he is my father.

Grateful if you could respond.  I would love to make the connection to Scotland.

Thanks, Hardwicke   

Offline dgmacintyre

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 December 13 18:29 GMT (UK) »
I believe that I am also related to (George) Duncan McIntyre. He and Sarah Thornton had a son Alexander (1815-?) the youngest of 7 children. Alexander married Catherine Wall  and had 8 children, the first born being named George (1844-1922), my great grandfather. George married Elizabeth Thornton and had 7 children. The third born was named George (1876-1947). He married Sydney Wood and lived in Blackville N.B. They had 4 children, the first born being named George Duncan (1915-2010), my father. He married Rita Hendsbeen and they had a daughter Linda. Rita died and he was remarried in 1944 to Ann Bos. They had a son in 1949 named George Donald which is me, although I go by the name of Donald George. I have a son Michael (now 43) who has a son Duncan George (6 years old now) all with the last name MacIntyre (full spelling not the abbreviated McIntyre!). I am trying to trace the family roots back to Scotland without much success.

Offline Samuel Martin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 October 17 01:59 BST (UK) »
I found this don't match the info I see here

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 October 17 02:51 BST (UK) »
Looks like a couple of generations down from George Duncan McIntyre born about 1758?

No-one has given the names of their 7 children.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"