Author Topic: McIlhenny Carnmoney Ballyclare  (Read 3403 times)

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
McIlhenny Carnmoney Ballyclare
« on: Tuesday 11 January 05 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Mcilhenny(Mcilhennie)(Heaney)looking for anyone who might have this lady in their family tree she was born about 1845 and is buried at Carnmoney, she married Thomas Kirkpatrick in 1866 and they lived in Carnmoney area .they had 8 children John(died 1956),William, David(still living in 1945) ,Mary, samuel  , Charles Marshall( still living in 1945),James,Elizabeth(Lizzie)(who died in childbirth with her own daughter)any information would be great  thank you
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: McIlhenny Carnmoney Ballyclare
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 February 05 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi. some time ago i was helping a Lady in the USA with her family research for Kirkpatrick in Belfast.

I was at the LDS Church doing some searching they have a micro film for Carnmoney with a lot off Kirkpatrick's in it and going back to about 1780????.

You replied to a message about the UHF you said you would be comming over to N/Ireland.
When in Belfast and you need any help with your research my Wife and I would be only to happy to help you anyway we can.

Anthony

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Anthony,
 your offer is so kind....I will let you know nearer the time.......
I have found on my search for my roots that people are so wonderful...one lady went to GRO and found information for me .....I never knew THAT YOU HAD TO PAY TO GO IN...she is obviously an angel.....
As for micro film.. I have managed to get some and I find it far easier to use, as my computer skills are limited(but improving daily)and my eyesight is not good (hence my sister drives and has now joined my search and it is lovely to share something together) but I would love to be able to find micro's for other areas other than Carnmoney.as the relatives(in thier wisdom)(how unthoughtful of them)moved south from the Doagh area
But as yet have been unable to find anything on the net to purchase.
Many thanks again
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Many people like the Lady and myself that go to the GRO to do our research spend some time  helping others with their research.

I will go to the LDS Church and find out whats on the film.
Carnamoney was a very big area in the 1800s so it would take in some off the areas you are researching.

Anthony

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Many Thank you's again Anthony

I will always appreciate people for looking from now on ......

and I will continue to help as best I can, anyone looking who I may well be able to help with the information I have,
however small......
but it may well bring a smile ...

like it can for me ....