Author Topic: Diana Ainsley ELLIOTT birth about 1777  (Read 1850 times)

Offline shafeeq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Diana Ainsley ELLIOTT birth about 1777
« on: Wednesday 12 January 05 04:13 GMT (UK) »
My 3GGrandmother Diana Ainsley ELLIOTT was born in Glamorgan, in about 1777. She married Francis William BOWZER 11 Jan 1803 in Bristol, but died back in Glamorgan, at Cadoxton Juxta Neath 5 March 1814.
Her father Philip ELLIOTT was a Burgess of Bristol at the time of her birth, but I have no information on his wife.
Any suggestions on how to track down her birth record would be welcome.

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diana Ainsley ELLIOTT birth about 1777
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 13:43 GMT (UK) »
You mention "Philip ELLIOTT was a Burgess of Bristol at the time of her birth" Do you have any further information on him such as the address he lived in Bristol & properties he perhaps had in Glamorgan? His religion & place of worship?

This information on Philip could help you trace which parish records will hold information on Diana

:)

Offline CWP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 May 06 18:56 BST (UK) »
Philip Elliott is a direct ancestor of mine, I have a certain amount of information about him including a miniature of him as a fairly mature man. He was certainly an interesting man and had a successful career as a merchant partly in London partly in Bristol. He was a tea merchant and not involved in the slave trade as far as I can see. He married an Elizabeth Munday on 3.7.1771 at Newcastle, Bridgend.
  I would be interested to hear what info you have about him.

Offline Mart56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 April 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
Tucked away by the organ in Cadoxton Church, Neath, is a memorial to Diana AINSLEY, wife of Wiliam Ainsley.  I don't have full details at the moment but they are sure to be linked to your family.  I am trying to decipher the histories of some of the more obscure memorials in the church so, although not related, I would be delighted to get in touch.

I have also been writing an article recently about Francis William Bowzer and his time at Tynyrheol, Tonna, Neath - so again I'd love to hear from you.
Hare (Pembrokeshire and Glamorgan), Stanford (Glamorgan), Hodgson (Lincolnshire and Surrey), Sugden (Keighley and Worcestershire), Griffiths (Kidwelly and Glamorgan), Collins (Kidderminster), Evans (Cwmavon), Mainwaring (Llanedi and Cwmavon), Rees (Neath), Jones (Resolven), Paddison (Neath), Davies (Crynant), Bevan (Tonna).

Offline nameless

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 June 10 23:05 BST (UK) »
Shafeeq, If you look on LDS Pilot you will find Diana Ainsley Elliott baptised Bristol 1775.  Mother Elizabeth,

Offline Rebelfinn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 October 16 00:18 BST (UK) »
I have a photo of Francis William Bowzer born 1776 Captain in 81 st Regiment of foot son of Richard Bowzer and Elizabeth daughter of George Turvile of Sheasby,Leicester married 1803  married to Diana Ainsley Elliott. I even have some of his hair in the locket. I don't know how I am related to him.