Author Topic: alfred kitson  (Read 4371 times)

Offline ROSEPIP

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
alfred kitson
« on: Wednesday 19 March 08 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Alfred ernest kitson born in leominster in herefordshire  16 12 1894  parents william Kitson and emily jones
married lucy james 2 2 1917 in cinderford in glos
had a daughter   Linda Gertrude kitson 12 7 1917

All i know is  that linda  was adopted by her great aunt Gertrude Colwell (do not know when)
do not know what happened to Alfred  , he was a gunner in the Royal field artillery when he got married
i do not know whether he died in the war (cannot find any details) or did he just dissappear
i am posting this on the hereford site as well

rose pip

Rose Pip
stoppard, cater, pinson, arthur, jinks, smith   Birmingham area
pippard, kitson, geard, rugg. montacute, cox  . somerset , bristol and gloucestershire area

Offline fender

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: alfred kitson
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 March 10 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Dear Ms. Rose Pip:
I believe I know what happened to Alfred Ernest Kitson, but I would like to ask you your relationship to Mr. Kitson. If I read things correctly his daughter would be your mother-in-law? Is your husband (her son) still around? I hope to hear from you soon. I do not want to cause anyone any problems and or heartship. There is a lot of history here without closure.

Reg

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 March 10 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosepip and Fender

Welcome to Rootshat and the Gloucestershire board!  :)

Since you're discussing descendants here, could you please use the Personal Message system to exchange the more recent or sensitive details?  Much as the rest of us would love to know, it probably isn't for public consumption!

You need to have two or more posts to activate the system.

I will link your Herefordshire post so that you don't get muddled.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Edit: also posted here - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,293357.msg1809664.html#msg1809664
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline fender

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 March 10 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou arranroots I am not sure what to do next I would appreciate your help

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 March 10 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fender

You should be able to click on the little green "scroll" under Rosepip's username which will enable you to send a message to her directly, rather than on the board.

Try sending one to me first if you're not sure, cos I am online and Rosepip seems to be away.

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline ROSEPIP

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 March 10 13:25 GMT (UK) »
HI ARRANROOTS

thanks  ro the note i will send a [personal note to fender

rosepip
stoppard, cater, pinson, arthur, jinks, smith   Birmingham area
pippard, kitson, geard, rugg. montacute, cox  . somerset , bristol and gloucestershire area

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 March 10 14:02 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome, Rosepip - Fender has got the hang of PMs now!

:D

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosepip,

Your private message to Reg has bounced back to us as it looks like he is "Over quota" at the moment. Hopefully he should pick up on your message next time is signs in.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk