Author Topic: how to request a look up  (Read 699 times)

Offline joanne56

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
how to request a look up
« on: Saturday 05 April 08 03:13 BST (UK) »

Could anyone help by telling me the best way to request a look up in Scotland? I have already found and ordered a certificate on Scotlands People, However, this is not only for personal interest but for completing essay for History course. Scotlands people are running behind schedule for deliveries so this will hold up my research. If anyone is in a position to check out the details of said certificate/record before this time I would be very grateful. I have all serial numbers etcetera to make this task easier for anybody close to records office.

Thanks in advance

Joanne
Gorman, Kelly, Shields, Brannan; Scotland/Ireland
Bailey,Macclesfield/Manchester
Parry, Davies; Staffordshire/ Manchester
Siddall, Walker, Mercer; Manchester
Davis, Henshaw; Middlesex/London
Wicks, Harbor; Berkshire
Weedon, Harland;Yorkshire

Offline Nadine Moore

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: how to request a look up
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 April 08 18:56 BST (UK) »
Joanne

I'm not able to help in your look up but would suggest you ask a moderator to move your post to the Scotland boards. I'm sure if you look at the other look up's etc this will give you some idea's as to how to word it, etc. Just make sure you put all relevant info down and i'm sure there will be someone there who can help.

Just click on the report to moderator link and ask them to move it - it may get more response then.

Good luck

dinie
Census information is Crown Copyright - www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
ADAMS - Kent/Sussex, BROOKS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GASCOYNE/GASKINS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GOULD - Derbyshire/Lancashire. HILL - Hampshire/Kent/Lancashire/Limerick. MARK - Buckinghamshire/Cumberland/Lancashire. WILCOX - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. WITTONBROOKES/WITTENBROKE - Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire. YATES - Canada.