Author Topic: WILLIAM MIDDLEMISS from Chillingham Barns Farm  (Read 17588 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM MIDDLEMISS from Chillingham Barns Farm
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 00:23 BST (UK) »
Dear Robyn, Iam delighted to receive your message also, and yes I live in Australia on the North Coast of N.S.W. and Iam the only one at present searching for my family ancestors which I find is great when you find out you are not alone in this big world. Iam connected through Jane Middlemiss who married John Mason and came out to Australia onboard the Winifred vessel with William Mason aged 15, and Mary Hannah aged 3, Jane was only 39 years old when she passed away in 1861 she left John,William,Mary Hannah and a 1yearold son called Thomas John who Iam trying to find here in the BDM Records, unfortunately their is so many, I only found John Mason's death certificate through luck and guess work. :D Jane Mason (Middlemiss) was buried in the old Camperdown Cemetery but they have no record of her. Keep in touch and take care. ::)

Regards,
Janet :)

Offline mouse57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 04:31 BST (UK) »
Dear Janet
                  We are not so far away at all since we live in Blacktown!!! Maybe it might be easier if we went through the email system.Have you ever been to the church where Jane was buried? We have and there are so many people buried here. And we have Jane's death certificate . There was a man who was doing the Mason famil tree and he very kindly sent us the information to us. Look forward to hearing from you

regards
                                   Robyn

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 08:30 BST (UK) »
Dear Robyn, Thanks once again for your message. Unfortunately no I haven't been to Blacktown, I live in South Grafton on the Clarence River, have been for the past thirty years most of my family come from here. I also have Jane's Death Certificate her son William Mason was the informant from the Waterloo Estate, after sending so many messages regarding Camperdown cemetery and St. Peters Church I received negative results. Keep safe and have a nice evening. :D

regards,
Janet

Offline mouse57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 29 May 10 08:14 BST (UK) »
Dear Janet
                  I think it is ironical

Offline mouse57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 29 May 10 08:18 BST (UK) »
Dear Janet
                   I think it is ironical that you should live in South Grafton because my parents lived in Junction Hill until the early 1990's!!! Now that is a small world! Can I please ask if you have any information about the family that Hannah marred into? We do have some information that might help you. And if you know anything that will help  with our branch of the family tree with Robert we will be  glad to know.

Regards
                                                         Robyn                                                   

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 31 May 10 01:52 BST (UK) »
Dear Robyn, Iam afraid I don't know much about Hannah Middlemiss (nee Henderson) but I may have some interesting information about Robert Middlemiss. Iam a member of the History Internet Resources of N.S.W. you become a member for 12 months (payment of course) and it shows records like occupation, land owners,where people lived, council information,the year etc, of the suburbs of N.S.W. you find out a lot about your ancestors by looking in the areas where they once lived. e.g. Municipality of Mascot the year 1944 Spencer J. Middlemiss council member, Mascot Alderman,Civil Ambulance, and Transport Brigade of N.S.W. This web page is very interesting in finding out more about our ancestors. ;D

Regards,

Offline Eileen Tait

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 28 July 14 05:51 BST (UK) »
Its been interesting reading through this thread.
I am researching my husband's TAIT family. The head of the tree so far is Thomas Tait, married to a Barbara (Mason), and living in 1841 at Brock Mill, Goswick.
In that census, the next family listed is William and Eleanor Mason and children and 1 grandchild.
I have been assuming that this was Barbara's family.
So, it could be that we share 1 line in the Mason family.
I havent been able to find a birth registration for Barbara, The 1851 census shows her birth as about 1805 in Ancroft, (though on other census, she shows Bamburgh and Belford?). I wonder if you have found birth records for any of her siblings?
The Tait children were baptised at the Lowick presbyterian church. Does this fit in with your research.
I have been at a loss to find any earlier information, marriage of Thomas and Barbara, or birth of either one. Thomas appears, from census records, to have been born in Berwick about 1802/3.
I would love to think I had company searching this one.
By the way, I can continue the Grafton connection, having lived at Copmanhurst - west of Grafton for 6 years till 2012 !! Small world.
Regards, Eileen

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 28 July 14 23:49 BST (UK) »
Good Morning thanks for your message once again I am still searching for the marriage of William Mason and Eleanor Anderson and just keep purchasing CD's to look for them, I hope one day to find this marriage. :)\

Offline Eileen Tait

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 05:05 BST (UK) »
Morning Janet.
Just realised that we have spoken before regarding William Mason on the ancestry website :-[
I was unaware of Eleanor's maiden name. Strangely I noticed an old post on 'curious fox' yesterday looking for William Mason and Eleanor Anderson (of hesleridge). I was not able to find Hesleridge on Google maps.
Today I searched the Family search website, and so far have found a birth/christening registration for their son John Mason in 1821. It shows parents William Mason and Eleanor Anderson.
The christening place was the Presbyterian church, in Warenford, Northumberland.
Their eldest daughter Barbara, and husband Thomas Tait had all their children baptised at the Lowick Presbyterian church, so the Presbyterian link seems to be strong. May help when looking for the parents marriage.
I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything.
Let me know if you would like me to email you a copy of the John Mason christening record.
Bye for now, Eileen