Author Topic: Holdsworths from Bradford, Idle and Calverley!  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Rossdal3

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The 3 Lions
    • View Profile
Holdsworths from Bradford, Idle and Calverley!
« on: Sunday 22 June 08 05:56 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I am looking for descendants of Charles Holdsworth born abt. 1801 in Calverley, who had a dairy farm in Simpson Green, Township of Idle, Yorkshire.  The property is shown in the 1841 census as having 1 uninhabited building and 2 inhabited buildings.

My Holdsworth rellies were all born and buried in the same area of Bradford, Idle and Calverley, mostly they lived in the same house or street for generations.  My Charles 1801 only seems to surface in the 1841 census, with children William, Thomas, Mary, Ann, Maria, Charles, Harriot and Susannah, plus Jonas b.abt 1796, who could possibly have been a brother of Charles.  

My Holdsworth line is through Charles son William, born abt, 1820.  William married Mary Gill, they had my Gt Gt Grandfather Charles Henry who married Elizabeth (Betsey) Holmes then Gt Grandfather Thomas Henry Holdsworth married Harriet Ann Wells and then my Grandfather James Edward Holdsworth born 1902 who married Clara Gaunt b.1901 and finally my Dad, Kenneth Allen Holdsworth, the last of that Holdsworth line.

I would love to hear from anyone who would like to swap information and photos from this Holdsworth line.

kind regards,
Jill
Holdsworth
Gill
Stead
Pawson
Holmes
Craven
Gaunt
Austin
Wells/Coultas
Hardisty