Author Topic: 1841 census SWANSEA  (Read 14898 times)

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1841 census SWANSEA
« on: Tuesday 01 July 08 22:25 BST (UK) »
 :)  HI!, Could someone look up the 1841 census for Swansea please and tell me who is living at,
   10,EBENEZER ST, SWANSEA, at that date,  Many thanks MARG,,

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census SWANSEA
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 22:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Marg,

I don't think the street is numbered in 1841, would you like to say which names you're looking for?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 22:57 BST (UK) »
 :)  HI! Barbara, thanks for looking, I just hope that my G/G/G grandparents are living there, on my G/G/Grandparents marriage cert,  MARY GUY m SAMUEL MELLIN, her father is JOHN GUY  his father being SAMUEL MELLIN
 PLACE OF RESIDENCE at time of marriage both at 10 EBENEZER ST SWANSEA,
  Thanks again MARG,,

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret and Barbara

there are no numbers for Ebenezer Street on the 1841

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 23:22 BST (UK) »
That's what I thought Ricky  ;D

And I can't see either of them, when did they marry, and what were their dates of birth and father's occupations please Marg?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 23:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret

Only Samuel Mellin/Millin aged 25 on the 1841 is at Neath, looks like wife Mary aged 30 plus daughter Mary aged 3 and Eliz aged 1

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara
They married in 1837 Swansea

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 23:39 BST (UK) »
HIi Margaret

didnt Samuels father die in 1834 ??? ???

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Offline margaret davies

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 02 July 08 21:26 BST (UK) »
 ;)  Hi! Babe, sorted yourself out after moving?
  As you see Barbara Ricky knows this family better than i do ;D ;D
 Yes, Samuels father died in 1834 age 55yrs, this Samuel G/G/Grandfather died in 1855 age 38yrs, and yes they did live in Neath with daughters Mary Ann and Elizabeth, you found Mary Ann marriage for me Ricky,some time back,, but she was living in SWANSEA with her aunt and uncle RICHARD GUY  that was in 1860/1
  G/G/Grandmother her age is all over the place but I think that she was born in 1807, on her first marriage cert she is of full age, and he is a MINOR so that could be any age really, on her second certshe is 50yrs and that is JUNE 1860, she then died in 1899 age 101yrs
  her father on both certs states occ gas fitter, engineer
 I can`t find anything on this JOHN GUY as there are many in the same area that is why I hoped they were at this address in Swansea,
     Thanks again Marg,,