Author Topic: Arthur Lowcock Ltd  (Read 1188 times)

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Arthur Lowcock Ltd
« on: Sunday 06 July 08 11:18 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know about this firm operating out of Coleham, Shrewsbury? Did they take over the Hazledine foundry at some point? I belive they went into the manufacture of patent economisers.

I would like to know what year they first started in Shrewsbury if that's possible.
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Lowcock Ltd
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 July 08 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Bristol :)

I live here in Shrewsbury, and never realised we had such an important foundry here in the past,
If you google "hazledine foundry"  you will see it was were they cast the iron for a lot of bridges in Wales,  I also googled " Arthur Lowcock Shrewsbury "  there is a few refs to him including one in the national archives, best if you use the highlight tool

Best wishes,
Pete :) :)

P.S Bristol   it might be worth your while posting a request on the S.F.H.S board  there is a gentleman there who I can almost guarantee will answer your question,
 :) :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Lowcock Ltd
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 July 08 15:12 BST (UK) »
Have taken your advice.

thanks Pete.
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall