Author Topic: Anne SALISBURY. Robert MORLEY.  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Woolly One

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Anne SALISBURY. Robert MORLEY.
« on: Friday 09 April 04 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I wonder if you can help me solve this mystery.  My great-grandfather was Charles Stanley MORLEY.  He was born in Norwich in 1861.  I ordered his birth certificate and I finally know the surname of his mother.  She was Anne SALISBURY--birthplace and date unknown.  Charles' father was Robert MORLEY, born about 1815 in Rougham, Norfolk, and listed as Chelsea Pensioner on the 1881 Census for Lakenham.  (In 1881, he was living there with his second wife, Mary A. from Waterford, Ireland, and his 19-year-old son (my g-grandfather),Charles, who was then a plumber.)

I cannot find any marriage record of Robert MORLEY and Anne SALISBURY.  I'm guessing that they must have married while Robert was stationed out of England.

Any information that could help me find the date/location of their marriage would be of great help.

Stumped in Canada....
Ros

*Charles Stanley MORLEY was born on 21 May1861 in Norwich-Mancroft, Norfolk.  (Crook's Place)  His birth was registered 29 June 1861. He died on March 17, 1899 in Lowestoft, Suffolk while playing a game of soccer.  He had just reached the age of 37.  He was a Plumber, Painter.

Offline jjsomewhere

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Anne SALISBURY. Robert MORLEY.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 December 04 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Boudica,

Just found your posting below. Looks like we might be related! We are having problems tracing Mary Anne Salisbury, but we do have her baptism in Waterford, Ireland, amongst other things. How far have you got with research?

Jeremy.

Jeremy J Johnson
jjsomewhere@yahoo.com

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me solve this mystery.  My great-grandfather was Charles Stanley MORLEY.  He was born in Norwich in 1861.  I ordered his birth certificate and I finally know the surname of his mother.  She was Anne SALISBURY--birthplace and date unknown.  Charles' father was Robert MORLEY, born about 1815 in Rougham, Norfolk, and listed as Chelsea Pensioner on the 1881 Census for Lakenham.  (In 1881, he was living there with his second wife, Mary A. from Waterford, Ireland, and his 19-year-old son (my g-grandfather),Charles, who was then a plumber.)

I cannot find any marriage record of Robert MORLEY and Anne SALISBURY.  I'm guessing that they must have married while Robert was stationed out of England.

Any information that could help me find the date/location of their marriage would be of great help.

Stumped in Canada....
Ros

*Charles Stanley MORLEY was born on 21 May1861 in Norwich-Mancroft, Norfolk.  (Crook's Place)  His birth was registered 29 June 1861. He died on March 17, 1899 in Lowestoft, Suffolk while playing a game of soccer.  He had just reached the age of 37.  He was a Plumber, Painter.

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Anne SALISBURY. Robert MORLEY.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I wonder if you can help me solve this mystery.  My great-grandfather was Charles Stanley MORLEY.  He was born in Norwich in 1861.  I ordered his birth certificate and I finally know the surname of his mother.  She was Anne SALISBURY--birthplace and date unknown.  Charles' father was Robert MORLEY, born about 1815 in Rougham, Norfolk, and listed as Chelsea Pensioner on the 1881 Census for Lakenham.  (In 1881, he was living there with his second wife, Mary A. from Waterford, Ireland, and his 19-year-old son (my g-grandfather),Charles, who was then a plumber.)

I cannot find any marriage record of Robert MORLEY and Anne SALISBURY.  I'm guessing that they must have married while Robert was stationed out of England.

Stumped in Canada....
Ros

*Charles Stanley MORLEY was born on 21 May1861 in Norwich-Mancroft, Norfolk.  (Crook's Place)  His birth was registered 29 June 1861. He died on March 17, 1899 in Lowestoft, Suffolk while playing a game of soccer.  He had just reached the age of 37.  He was a Plumber, Painter.

Ros

Just in case, I checked the 1851 Norfolk Census and found a possible Anne and Robert. 

Rick :)

Address:   Weston Rectory, St. Faiths
   Weston Longville St. Faiths, Norfolk
   HO/107/1811   Folio:   98

Name   Relationship   Mar   Age    Sex   Occupation    Birthplace
John  CONYNGHAM   Head   W   47   M   Rector Of Weston   ----Ire
Mary J.  CONYNGHAM   Daur   -   11   F   Scholar At Home   Long Stratton-Nfk
Annie S.  CONYNGHAM   Daur   -   9   F   Scholar At Home   Ringland-Nfk
John D.  CONYNGHAM   Son   -   8   M   Scholar At Home   Weston-Nfk
Dorothy M.  CONYNGHAM   Daur   -   7   F   Scholar At Home   Weston-Nfk
Anne M.  LEWIS   SisL   U   41   M   ---   Beaumaris-Wal
Emma  MILLAT   Serv   U   24   F   Cook   Ringland-Nfk