Author Topic: Duggan/Dougan  (Read 12023 times)

Offline ejlasek

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duggan/Dougan
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 April 11 16:21 BST (UK) »
hi marie ,
as I am a new member i cant email you, but it does seem to be very confusing I have 3 birth certs for patrick Dougan 1841.in the1891 census this is  true and corect by my mothers info, I also have a patrick Dougan birth 1873 maried to a margaret Mcdonald . I think this is the son of my gr Gr grandfather and one birth for 1876 father edward mother Sarah Kelly Married in ireland .i Know that the dougans from Bridgton in Glasgow were a big family as my uncle john told me that when Patrick was 90 he was in a paper and my uncle was one of 130 grand kids his son john my gr grand father had a glass eye and worked in the Gas Works in Glasgow were he lost his eye.hope this helps maybe you can email me and we can get it right as it sounds like you may be from patrick born 1873 who is the son of my Patrick born 1841

Thanks again jeanette

Offline busymother

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 April 11 19:17 BST (UK) »
Jeanette

The 1873 birth Patrick Dougan is the son of Patrick Dougan and Margaret McDonald.
Don't know about the Edward you mention.
However, you have now made 3 posts, so should now be able to use the PM facility and we can communicate further offline.

Marie
helford, feehilly, muldowney, evers

Offline Patrick Finnerty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 July 23 04:08 BST (UK) »
Hello i have a wedding certificate of a Mary Dougan (20yrs old)marrying an Edward Finnerty(26 yrs old ) in Glasgow at St Marys Chapel 1881.Marys parents are Patrick Dougan and Martha Cowan on the certificate.I would appreciate any info on Patrick and Martha or their relatives that are from Ireland and where they lived in Ireland. Thanks any information would help. ....