Author Topic: Mobbs  (Read 21035 times)

Offline mbarnard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mobbs
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 03 February 11 20:24 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the movements of Joshua and Harriet and the 6 children who are living in Champan Street, Market Rasen, Lincs in the 1881 census. I have found them all in 61 and 71, and most of them in 91. In 01 and 11 I only have Uriah. I have the marriage of Joshua and Harriett in Caistor, 1876. I am interested to find out more about them as they lived in the house I am now living in, and wonder i any one knows of any descendents who have more information/photos

Many thanks

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 03 February 11 20:31 GMT (UK) »
We are not allowed to put email addresses on here for our own protection against spammers - and we can "private message" each other (IE talk off the boards) to swap emails but ONLY once both parties have posted on the boards 4 times. I think you have only made two posts. I know it sounds stupid but if you could just send two more messages - dont matter what it says, and then I will send you my email address.

I know there are people who read these boards and are descendants so I think you might just get lucky?
I know a fair bit on this group which Im more than happy to share, unfortunatly no photos.

Offline mbarnard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 03 February 11 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your reply!

Offline Cheryl16

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 03 February 11 21:59 GMT (UK) »
I am so pleased that you two found each other! As I told you on Genes MBarnard, An65 is a mine of useful information.  Something odd has happened on my tree and joshua seems to have lost all his relations and become an orphan!!!! 
Cheryl
Smith, Burrell. Covell, Stonebridge

Offline mbarnard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 03 February 11 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Cheryl for directing me this way. I was going to wait til the weekend to ask where all his relations had gone, I am quite new to Genes Reunited so wasnt sure if it was my user error!

Many many thanks :)

Offline Cheryl16

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 03 February 11 22:07 GMT (UK) »
I will reload it at the weekend from the "working tree" and see if I can get them back!
Smith, Burrell. Covell, Stonebridge

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 04 February 11 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Pls note - I have gone back and amended my posts in this thread as I had originally included Elias Gray b.1844 Abbotts Ripton in this family (because the old researchers who deposited records in the JGLS said he was of that family) -And he isnt of that family at all. So if you got Elias in your trees pls remove him - many thanks x

Offline schiehallion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 19 April 12 19:41 BST (UK) »
Scrogg
Don't know if you are still interested in this thread, Righteous is my wifes Great Grandfather (grandfather was John Mobbs) and I have various parish records from Lincolnshire Archives on that side of the family. Be glad to let you have copies if you are interested

Offline scrogg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 19 April 12 21:29 BST (UK) »
Oh yes am I still interested. Any info is gratefully received. My great grandfather was Righteous, his son Righteous was my grandfather. many thanks