Author Topic: Middlewich: Searching for John William Robinson, RAF  (Read 6935 times)

Offline hheapet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Middlewich: Searching for John William Robinson, RAF
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 September 08 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,
the link below gives all burial details at Middlewich.

Peter

http://www.ukwilduk.co.uk/Middlewich%20Cemetery.html
Staffordshire - Egan - Talbot - Wainwright - Scally - Horsley-Thacker
Ireland - Egan (Mayo) Scally (Roscommon)
Australia - Egan
Cheshire - Taylor-Goodier-Bagnall-Carless-Hancock-Barker-Stubbs-Hough-Marsland-Jones-Barrow-Cowap Horsley-Dixon
Cumberland - Musgrove
Berwick - Swinney-Ford-McLeod
Edinburgh - Swinney
Worcester - Maggs

Offline dragonq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 September 08 03:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip about the cemetery. As the plane appears lost at sea, there will be no grave for John Robinson, but perhaps his parents are buried there which would give more information.

Unfortunately I had a lot of trouble making the search part of the cemetery site work--my browser kept crashing. Could I beg you to look up Levi and Martha Ann Robinson (and William for that matter, as he might be commemmorated in some way) and let me know if there are any details for them.

Natalie
Prior (Wolverhampton), Nussey (Yorkshire and London), Kilmartin (Co. Galway and Co. Durham), Clothier (Lambeth), Collins (Manchester)

Offline Colt

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 November 09 22:42 GMT (UK) »
My Mum's cousin was Bill Robinson from Middlewich  - his parents were Levi & Annie Robinson. (Levi was born in Stanthorne)They were all members of Queen Street Congregational Church Middlewich. Bill was in the RAF and was killed during the war he has a brother Les who lives in Canada.

Offline dragonq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 November 09 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for making contact, Colt. I have sent you a private message with some contact details.

Research into this RAF crew is ongoing, and has turned up quite a lot of new information, which I will be happy to share.
Prior (Wolverhampton), Nussey (Yorkshire and London), Kilmartin (Co. Galway and Co. Durham), Clothier (Lambeth), Collins (Manchester)

Offline magic29

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 December 09 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello,  I am the niece of John William Robinson - Middlewich - My Dad Leslie Robinson was John's brother -  my Dad and I both live in Canada now in the Vancouver area.  I also knew Earl Cary's sister Dorothy Shantz (nia Cary) family as  my Grandparents (Levi and Ann) made contact shorthly after the war and communicated for many years with the family and we met the family when they travelled to Eurpoe in the 70'S - I came to visit them on Vancouver and liked it so much finally moving here in 1981.  I unfortunatly lost contact with them over the years and just googled and found that Dorothy Shantz "Cary"  passed away in 2005.  They did have 3 children 2 girls and 1 boy - who the last I knew were still around the area. 

This is very interesting as I Beleive one of our relatives "Elizabeth" came accross this same thread recently and made contact with u and told my Aunt in Middlewich and she was going to send us the information she came accross.  My Aunt told me how she had come across this thread and so sitting at my computer in Canada did the same thing and came across the very same info... it is quite chilling. By the way we have the same picture in our family pictures.  Please respond and  look forward to making contact.

Offline johnwill

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 December 09 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 Just thought this might interest you,not a great lot of detail but does name the crew and its mission and date of crash.
 http://www.lostbombers.co.uk/bomber.php?id=6346
 also where it had been located and repaired.
                                       John

Offline Moules

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 17:03 BST (UK) »
Natalie,
I hope you are still active here.
Iam David Moules e-mail *and John Robinson was my father's nephew.
The Robinson family details in this stream are accurate and I can confirm that the figure on the right of the photograph IS John Robinson.
Please contact me if you wish for more details.
Best wishes,
Dave Moules.

*Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid others spamming or abusing it.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline clewes3

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 March 18 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Dear magic29 and dragonq,

Levi Robinson is my great great uncle - Levi was my great Grandad's brother, my Grandma Margaret Clewes, formally Margaret Robinson is Levi's niece and so cousin of John Robinson and Les Robinson. I know that Les Robinson attended my parents wedding. I have been researching our family tree and came across this thread. My family and I live in Winsford, 10 minutes from Middlewich and so if we can help in terms of research, please do just let me know.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you

Offline janefurl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 25 January 21 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Dear Draqonq and Magic29

I don't know if you are still active on this forum but I am doing research for the Normandy Memorial Trust's British Normandy Memorial that has been built in Ver sur Mer. We are creating a series of free tours for visitors to the site about those commemorated on the memorial. We came across the story of this crew which we would like to feature in the RAF tour. And then we found the photo of them in your posts and we would very much like to illustrate their story with that photo if you would be happy to give permission for us to do so.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Jane