Author Topic: HEARTFELT PLEA TO ALL THOSE SEEKING HELP  (Read 6209 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: HEARTFELT PLEA TO ALL THOSE SEEKING HELP
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 15:53 GMT (UK) »
I posted a few weeks ago, about rude and snappy replies, and it really, got people going, There is two sides to this! when people have done look ups for me, i have had some very valuable information, for which i have thanked profusely.i also never to my knowledge have failed to reply to any one, and even when the lookups are not  succesful for me, or quite what i was looking for, i still thank them and try to be tactful, to say "quote" I already knew that, or I have that info, is down right rude and tactless. but i am sorry to agree with a few people who posted on this topic earlier, that it does seem to be getting a bit scary to ask for look ups lately,and i think a bit of tact, and thoughtfulness, from both  those requesting a lookup, and those doing the look ups is what is needed.  enough said. regards as usual, nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: HEARTFELT PLEA TO ALL THOSE SEEKING HELP
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 09 February 05 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Here here Nora.

There are definitely 2 sides to this and I hope we can draw a line under this topic.  Let us now turn to helping each other help each other.

If you need help - give us everything! 

Individual's name
When born
Where Born
Parents' names
Spouse's name
What documentation you hold.

If you are doing a look up remember not everyone will realise that some of the info they know will help you with the look up.

I'm now going to lock this topic as it is at risk of being the only topic Google will pick up and it is becoming a bit off putting to newer researchers.

I hasten to add...

Don't be put off posting requests for help we have 15 Kojaks, 22 Columbos, 43 Miss Marple and plenty of Sherlocks who can help you.

All the best,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!