Author Topic: Bloomer  (Read 6662 times)

Offline ansimi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bloomer
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 April 15 19:41 BST (UK) »
I have quite a bit about various Protestant Bloomers in this area.

I believe your James Bloomer was the son of Thomas Bloomer and Elizabeth Cooke found in Creivelough on the 1901 and 1911 Census returns:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Minterburn/Creevelough/1734364/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tyrone/Minterburn/Creevelough/863846/

You'll see that both James and Thomas were game keepers.

Isabella's parents were Henry Stewart and Sarah McCann. Isabella's eldest daughter Elizabeth wasn't with here parents on the 1901 census because she was with her grandmother Sarah:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Caledon/Churchill_St_/1734236/

Offline TonyMcGartland

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 06:36 BST (UK) »
There is a man Pat Bloomer who owns a cycling shop in Cookstown. He is well known in the Cookstown area and hand-builds high quality racing bikes to order.

Offline ValDougan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My greatgrandfather was a Bloomer. Albert was born in Dungannon in 1902 and married Annie Siberry in 1928.
I've only managed to find his parents, James Bloomer (1870-1947) who was married to Isabella Stewart (1870-1943)

James and Isabella had several children: Sarah (born 1894); Hilda May (born 1896); James (born 1898); Thomas William (1899-1918);Annie Isabella (born 1901); George Henery Stewart (born 1905); and Elizabeth (born 1906).
The only further information I have is that Hilda May had two children Harold and Albert ( I believe the children's surname is Mckee)
I'm not sure if these are the same people as in your tree but if they are I'd love to know more about them.

Thanks

I am the granddaughter of Hilda May who had six children, Albert, William, George, Isabella and Hilda, Hilda's twin died. There are two family members still living, Hilda married William McKee. I have just started searching for information and found this post invaluable. 

Offline ValDougan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 August 16 21:05 BST (UK) »
Some more information Sarah,James, Albert and Hilda May moved to Scotland. Albert married Annie Siberry and lived in Rutherglen in Kilbale Street they had two children one boy one girl . The boy was thought to be a pharmacist.Thomas William died at 21  George Henry and Elizabeth remained in Benburb. James went to Edinburgh with his wife Eva and apparently had a large family. Harold was a major in the British Army

Offline sarahmcmast3r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 August 16 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi - Albert and Annies kids were James Bloomer and Margaret Grace Bloomer.
James was a procurator fiscal, and I think he owned his own launderette. Margaret was a typist and then after having two of her own children (Carol and Shirley with her husband William) left work to look after her children 

Sarah