Author Topic: Frank Billingham.  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Frank Billingham.
« on: Friday 14 November 08 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Frank BILLINGHAM 14th February 1883, Leominster.

I have at last found some trace of him living at 5, Bridge Street, Kington, Herefordshire during the summer of 1916.

He then appears as enlisting into the Army on 5th June 1916 at Leominster, Herefordshire.

Royal Field Artillery as a Driver s/n 77248
Royal Garrison Artillery, Gunner s/n 142186

I need some help here it is listed on his medals  15 Star RGA/1C or J. Page 158.
What does this mean?

Theatre of War (1)France 26-09-1915. (are there any other records I can look at?)
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Billingham.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 November 08 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Might be Pension records on Ancestry - not sure if they've completed loading them yet.

tis free at the moment.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kyt

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.cfww2.com Commonwealth Forces of WW2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 November 08 13:09 GMT (UK) »
His burnt (around the edges) record is available on Ancestery

K

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 November 08 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Bilge
It relates to the Actual Medal Rolls at Kew which arent searchable online...They would give dates of enlistment from to, overseas yes/no and battalion/unit .
Youll have to visit or pay researcher to get the Roll Entry(its a page reference number in the RGA Medal Roll )

He first deployed overseas on the 1915 date you have been given

Entitled to 15 Star,Brit war and Victory Medal....If you cant see the Victory and Brit war Medal annotated on the card then there is probably another one somewhere.

Ady
Lowe(Lower Gornall-Castleford)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)
Tallon (Whittington Lancs/Hartshead West Yorkshire)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 November 08 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone for the replies so quickly. Your right about the records being a little scorched around the edges, but amazing how they managed to preserve it though.

I have found that there are 2 x adopted children also. and details of the the church they married in.

Wonderful result.

Help and guidance needed please on where to turn to for any source that I maybe able to track him down he was allegedly the Landlord of a public house in CRICKHOWELL he was Frank BILLINGHAM. b.14-02-1883, Leominster, Herefordshire. Died 02-03-1975. Hay-on-Wye. He married Charlotte METCALF.

I believe the Public House was either the Britannia or the Albion. The years would have been 1920-1930's.

Any feed back most welcome.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives