Author Topic: Kincardine by Doune McLarens from Kirk Lane  (Read 30245 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kincardine by Doune McLarens from Kirk Lane
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 04 December 08 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Yes please Fergie..could you send me the relevant page would be appreciated..not that I am hanging on to hope  ;D
Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 04 December 08 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks muchly Fergie - How did you get the rental pages..curious to see more.
Regards Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 07 December 08 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi all!
I have lots of people from "The Moss" in my tree. Virtually all lines on my mother's side can be found there.

I have Fergusons living in Summerlane, and Rossburn Lane.

McFarlanes in Kirk Lane (they moved there from Balquhidder before the 1814 Census) - I attach a photo of my ggg gran who was born  and died there in 1828, Isabella McFarlane.

Also I attach a photo of my 4x great gran Jean McLaren born 1800 in Westwood Lane. Her father John McLaren moved there in 1788 from Lochearnside.

I also have Dows, Robertsons, Kings and McCalls on all of those roads.

I have photos of the area taken recently if anyone wants to see them.

I would love to see the 1912 document referred to as I know my family were still there then.

I would be delighted to share info with anyone who thinks we may have a connection.

Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 08 December 08 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi valr - Wish I could sort out my McLarens and Ferguson's like that... ;D but we keep plodding on..how lucky you are.
Re the Moss census if you PM me your e.mail address will forward to you o.k.
From a wet and muggy Queensland..Patvp

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 08 December 08 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan - Meant to say thank-you before now re the 1814 Moss census..or did I.. ;D
Also do you have any more info re the McGregors at Kirk Lane.
Any info appreciated.
Regards and thanks..patvp

Offline Doun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 08 February 09 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello, there is a name I know Annejan, have you still got your old E-mail addy?? McKerracher resercher amongst others, go to http://buchananstewart.tribalpages.com

regards Doun

Offline Tommyuse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am related to McGregors, McLarens and McCallums all from Kirklane.
My grandmother was Marion McGregor 1887-1975 She was born in Kirklane as was my great grandparents, John McGregor and his wife also my great, great grandparents James McGregor and Janet McCallum..  They are buried in the old graveyard at the top of Kirklane opposite the church.
I live only about four miles from Kirklane, Parish of Kincardine, Perthshire, now within Stirling District, so I know quite a lot and have loads of information.
I can easily call there and photograph graves, buildings etc.,

Offline annejan_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 18 March 09 19:53 GMT (UK) »

Thanks for the note.  Have you seen the 1814 Moss Census? My folks came from # 3 Kirk Lane (McLarens) - Duncan, age 29 then, was  my 3 Gr. grandfather. He married Isobel McGregor late that year. I'm assuming she is the Isobel from #5, daughter of John & Janet.
My other line comes from #32 Kirk Lane John McKerracher and Elizabeth McNaughton are my 4G. grandparents. My line follows from son Finlay, age 35 in 1814. His Son Robert eventually married Duncan McLaren's daughter Janet. They are my gg grandparents.

Re: the McLarens at #3.  I have a death certificate for Duncan's younger brother Peter. He died in Gargunnock in late fall 1855. It also says his son Peter died on the Moss in the spring of that year and Peter's daughter Isobel died 2 years earlier.

Some of the McLarens and the whole Finlay McKerracher family came to Canada.

Would it be alright if I emailed you direct to tell you who/what I'm looking for?.
Jan

Offline Tommyuse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 19 March 09 20:12 GMT (UK) »
My ancestors are
Alexander McCallum and Margaret McLaren then
Janet McCallum and James McGregor then
John McGregor 1861-1935 and Ann Dunsmore 1858-1949
Not sure if this family line is yours.
My McGregor line goes further back they are
Alexander McGregor 1766-1837 then
John McGregor 1803-1886 and Marion Mene Robertson.

If you are related via this line then contact me at (*)
and I will reply.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php