Author Topic: State Records NSW help pls.  (Read 10133 times)

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The Cantwell Knights of Strongbow 1170
    • View Profile
State Records NSW help pls.
« on: Saturday 13 December 08 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Dear Chatters, Hi.  I've been to the State Records Office NSW online many times, but I can't seem to find passenger listing for the ship 'Royal Consort' arriving NSW 9 Nov 1840.

Googling this phrase reveals a website reply at rootsweb mail listings which states the ship carried 227 Bounty Migrants, details of which are to be found on NSW State Records Film 1317.

A little help please if poss.  I'm looking for my 3g grandparents Robert HAYES born 25/2/1818 Armagh, Ireland died Australia and his wife Mary Anne nee MILLS born 6/7/1817 Clones, Ireland.  They had five children that we know of possibly more, first child here Sarah born 1842 Maitland NSW. 

Thanks so much,
Alison
QLD.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: State Records NSW help pls.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 December 08 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison  :)

The film mentioned would be a microfilm, available to view at the State Records office in Kingswood, western Sydney.

Cheers
Prue

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 December 08 22:53 GMT (UK) »
P.S.  The passenger lists have been digitised and are available on A******y.com.au...have you got a subscription?

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 December 08 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Not sure from your post where you are up to in the Hayes search or what information you have or are looking for.

If they stayed in the Hunter Valley region, you may see some sign of them onthis site.
http://www.huntervalleygenealogy.com/

There are Hayes born in Ireland noted in the region.

Look at the Hunter Valley Families section.
There are email addresses for further contact if of interest.
Sue

modified to improve my grammar!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 December 08 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allycat,

There are other ways too, as Ancestry's images are sometimes mis-transcribed, and seem to concentrate on arrivals in a later timeframe and only into Sydney.  So, have you checked with the mariners in Aust waters site - tis a very good site, updated regularly by volunteers and includes scanned images of those reels at Kingswood.   http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=mariners+and+ships+in+australian+waters&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Also, there are other links listed on the RC thread : http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,399.0.html 
Many of those links are also volunteer updated on regular basis too

Also, the State Archives have an online newsletter, with great tips on searching the archives.  There are also Guides to the "Investigator" links available on line that are well worth the read.

Cheers,

MA
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 December 08 23:21 GMT (UK) »
I've checked the records on Ancestry and the couple Alison is after are there with one page of information for each - they're digital copies of the original registers  :)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 December 08 00:51 GMT (UK) »
6 kiddies:
1842  SARAH 
1844  ROBERT 
1846  JAMES 
1848  MARY A 
1853  JANE 
1856  ELIZABETH
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 14 December 08 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello  there Ally,

I  just had a look at  the record on A..y 
Name  Estimated Birth Year Voyage Arrival Date Vessel Name Origin Location Gender
Mary Anne Hayes abt 1817             1840 Royal Consort       Monaghan, Clonis  Female 
 Robert Hayes abt 1817                   1840 Royal Consort       Gort, Galway  Male 

I  know one of  our RCer's pops along to  the SRO  on a regular basis perhaps  you  might be able to get her to view it for you

kind  thoughts JEnn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 14 December 08 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenn,
You have to look in the Assisted Immigrants listings to find the actual images - the Bounty Immigrants list just has the basic info.
Alison - I'll send you a PM  :)

Prue