Author Topic: HAKES family in Piddington  (Read 5144 times)

Offline caytiesmum

• RootsChat Member
  • Lucy Reid (1918- 1993) My Mum
    • View Profile
Re: HAKES family in Piddington
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 January 09 18:24 GMT (UK) »

It's really lovely to come across others with little pieces of a puzzle. I am fascinated that links between families  spread over generations. You have given me  some really useful information too.

Thank you
Pritchard- Middlesex, Colchester Aldridge Parkins - Buckinghamshire
Seagar Saunders -Essex

Crowley - Dublin Reid - Dublin  O'Donoghue -Limerick and Dublin  Quincy/ De Quincey/ McQuincey - Limerick

Offline JNF

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 April 09 02:07 BST (UK) »
Might be of intrest to you to know that John Aldridge married to Ann Knight is The son of John Aldridge & Ann Molsher   
Aldridge,Snelson,Tarry,Smith Northamptonshire
Bett , Lincolnshire
Carnell, Derbyshire,Wiltshire & Surrey
Ford,Wiltshire & Surrey
Earlebach/Earlebak etc ,Surrey

Offline jessmas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 March 18 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hi caytiesmum, sorry to butt in  but I have a John Aldridge born abt 1808 in Piddington married to Ann Shouler Knight and they have 8 children.

The Aldridge's are in my Fathers side of the family.

I have a Catherine Aldridge born 1900 Piddington, died 1985 Northampton married to a George William Hakes born 1900 Piddington, died 1975 Northampton.

Catherine was the half sister to my Grandfather Frederick FA Elliott.

Hope this helps? 

Offline jtpoutdoor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 01:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, Do you have anything further on Ann Shouler KNIGHT?
I have an extensive collection of KNIGHTs (4000 odd entries so far but on hold) , but her name doesn;t ring any bells.
My KNIGHT family are from Little Houghton near Piddington and I am reasonably happy with the ones I have so far but I am wondering where Ann Shouler fits in.
I note that the marriage was witnessed by William Chapman- William (assuming its the same one) was the husband if Esther Knight of Little Houghton who I have identified as the sister of my own ggggf John Knight. John was difficult to track down due to lack of a likely baptism c1796. hence my database of so many Knights in an attempt to find him. Fortunately when he married in 1820 to Sarah SIKES at Little Houghton Esther Knight and William Chapman were witnesses. Esther and William marrried on the same day as John and Sarah but at Piddington- John Knight and Sarah Sikes (sic) were the witnesses. It must have been quite a scrambe for the two wedding parties dashing from one church to the next- however as in the confusion both brides gave their maiden names as witnesses I shall never know which couple got married first!
If William witnessed Ann Shouler Knights marriage he may have been related (trough marriage) unless of course he was the churchwarden- so if you have records of her I would be interested to add her to my collection- and may be able to help out if you have any queries regarding Knights of Northamptonshire.
Cheers
Jane

Offline jessmas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 June 18 00:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, my Ann Shoulder Knight seems to have been born in Woughton on the green, Bucks.

Offline jtpoutdoor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 June 18 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
Ok she doesn;t get an add into my database then ;-) - only people fro NTH make it in- otehrwise I would never stop!