Author Topic: Waterloo  (Read 39779 times)

Offline vickicwilson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waterloo
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Flossy,

I know that this is off topic but I have recently begun researching John Robinson per "Tottenham" 1818. Please let me know if you would like to correspond.

Offline Flossy555

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 01:13 BST (UK) »
I'd be happy to converse privately on John Robinson

Offline tommy-tipper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
I believe Robert Morris was at Waterloo as its mentioned on his record Born Chester 1779 if its possible to confirm this.
Cheers

Offline Ed52

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 04 June 11 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,
I have two relatives who fought at Waterloo and would be interested to know if you have any additional information on them.
The first is  Jeremiah Wharam who I believe was baptised at High Hoyland (West Yorks) 1st Jan 1783. The medal role indicates that he was a Private in the 11th Regiment of Light Dragoons  in Captain Bourchier's Troop and was entitled to extra pay due to his  length of service. I believe he joined up on the 13th Sept 1801. I assume this means that he would have therefore also served in the Penninsular War. He was buried 26th June 1820 in Cawnpore, Bengal, India having died, I assume, from Cholera. George Farmer in his biography notes that the regiment lost 112 men plus women and children to Cholera in Cawnpore at that time.

The second is Richard Wharam (Jemimah's nephew) who I believe was baptised at High Hoyland 30th June 1793. According to the Roll he was a private in the 2nd Royal North British Dragoons (Royal Scots Greys) in Vernor's (Verner's) troop. The same troupe as the famous Sergeant Ewart. I assume he survived his military service as I can find a Richard Wharam of the right age living in nearby Barnsley in 1841.

Any additional material that you have on Jeremiah and Richard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

Offline islaymcc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Graham, Waterloo medal roll
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 18 March 12 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Im trying to find a David Graham on the 1815 waterloo roll. He was from Lineside ? Arthuret, cumberland.
Would appriciate anything that may help.
born ,dumfries, scotland.
Looking for grahams of middlebie.callander and morrison

Offline neil1821

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Graham, Waterloo medal roll
« Reply #59 on: Monday 19 March 12 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Im trying to find a David Graham on the 1815 waterloo roll. He was from Lineside ? Arthuret, cumberland.
Would appriciate anything that may help.

Can't immediately see anyone of that name on the roll. Where does your info come from?
Name interests: Boulton, Murrell, Lock, Croxton, Skinner, Blewett, Tonkin, Trathen.
Military History & Medals

Offline islaymcc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
I was just wondering if he sighned up or got called up, As I cant trace him after 1813.
born ,dumfries, scotland.
Looking for grahams of middlebie.callander and morrison

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 02 June 18 02:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin < My relative Major ?Captain Charles Jones 1783-1843 , 15th hussars and ADC to the king of Hanover fought at Waterloo.
 He went on to kill himself >>>> accidentally ??? ::) ... with a firearm he was cleaning. In his obituary it says he went back to the battlefield to retrieve said gun . Have you heard this story at all in your research . ?
I have not found any info on his early life or who he was married to at the time . It has been mention his friend was a Captain Grimes but i am afraid i know nothing of him ,
 I am thinking out of the square and hoping to find the Grimes connection.
I am happy with any info you may have to point me in right direction . TY> Fred,

valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Martin Aaron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 02 June 18 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Fred
I'm afraid there was no Captain Charles Jones or Grimes in the 15th Hussars at Waterloo. Not sure where you got that from.

All the best

Martin