Author Topic: McRae Jane (nee ADDIE)  (Read 3829 times)

Offline AnneG7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McRae Jane (nee ADDIE)
« on: Monday 19 January 09 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Looking for additional information for Jane Addie (later McRae) and her ancestors.

Details I have are -

Jane Addie - Born c1844 Portsoy, Banff
Died 16/8/1916 Lintmill, Seafield, Cullen (( have death notice)
Married Robert McRae 1/10/1870 (I have marriage cert.)
Looking for full details of birth and place of burial.
Robert McRae is buried in Cullen Parish with his mother in law, but no details about his wife Jane.

Jane's parents were Elizabeth Lyon born 1815, Fordyce, and James Addie (no further info on James as they did not marry, so I think that is a dead end).    Elizabeth's parents believed to be Alexander Lyon and Isabel Gauld or Gaul.

If anyone can help in any way I would be very grateful.   I am visiting Scotland later this year and would also appreciate any advice on useful places to visit to further my research on family from the Banff area whilst I am there.

AnneG7

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: McRae Jane (nee ADDIE)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 January 09 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi,if you go to the libindx website you will find information on Jane (nee Eddie)
It appears she is buried in Cullen.You will be able to get the gravestone reference ,although her date of death is shown as 16th August 1918 & not 1916.
www.libindx.moray.gov.uk
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline AnneG7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 January 09 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi flst,
I've just had a quick look and it certainly looks like the right person despite the date discrepancy.   I will check further on that but many, many thanks for your help.   
Regards
AnneG7

Offline Kintail1719

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 August 15 18:53 BST (UK) »
Robert Macrae is the brother of my Gt.Grandfather and married to Jane Addie, Robert's father was Alexander McRae B1793 Fordyce DCirca 1843 Mother Christian Gordon.
Do you have any information on the Mcrae side of your family?? I have no further details on Jane other than her death dat in Cullen.
Kind Regards