Author Topic: BOMFORD - Meath and Westmeath any time  (Read 4618 times)

Offline ricksmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BOMFORD - Meath and Westmeath any time
« on: Wednesday 21 April 04 05:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am researching BOMFORD in Meath and West Meath.  I am also trying to link Edward BOMFORD who married Margaret PLUNKET(T) in 1798 in Trim, Edward was a shopkeeper in Trim, to the main BOMFORD lines.

Please contact me or visit my website for more information.

Willing to share.

Regards
Rick
SMITH - Tasmania, AUS, LEVETT - Sussex, ENG, CHRISTIE - Scotland, ELLIS - Lincolnshire, ENG, HARDMAN - Tasmania, AUS, (de) BOMFORD - Tasmania, Australia, Ireland and England, RICHARDSON - Ireland & Tasmania, AUS, DENNIS - Cornwall, ENG & Victoria, AUS, DEASON - Cornwall, ENG & Victoria, AUS, KERRISON - Norfolk, ENG & Tasmania, AUS, McIVER/McIVOR Scotland and Tasmania, AUS, TOBIN - Ireland, Victoria and Tasmaina, AUS

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: BOMFORD - Meath and Westmeath any time
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 04 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rick

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ricksmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 December 04 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Nice to hear from you.  I have a little more information.

Edward BOMFORD married Margaret PLUNKETT in 1798 in Diocese Of Meath, Leinster Province, Ireland, (Source IGI Film Number 2034862).  Edward was born about 1773 in the same location.  Margaret born about 1777.

Edward Bomford of Trim, shopkeeper, leased to William Plunkett of Trim  a dwelling house now occupied by Laurence Malone in Trim Town which was leased to Edward Bomford by John, Earl Darnely (4th Earl, of Elifton Lodge, Athboy), and another house in the High Street of Trim which Edward Bomford leased from Edward E Chambers, for 90 years at a rent of 20 guineas.

Edward Bomford in 1837 made a trust for his children of his shop and goods, yhe trustee was William Plunkett.  His children are;

1 Issac Bomford born ~1800
2 Samuel Bomford born ~1802.
3 Catherine Bomford born ~1804.
Now each of the above are granted £20 out of the total of £50 each.         
(book 784 No 530781)
 This deed must be connected with the next one since William Plunkett, the hatter of Trim, is the trustee of the Bomford children.  Also he must be aq close relative of Margaret Plunkett the wife of Edward.

Edward had a brother William who was a carpenter in Trim.

SMITH - Tasmania, AUS, LEVETT - Sussex, ENG, CHRISTIE - Scotland, ELLIS - Lincolnshire, ENG, HARDMAN - Tasmania, AUS, (de) BOMFORD - Tasmania, Australia, Ireland and England, RICHARDSON - Ireland & Tasmania, AUS, DENNIS - Cornwall, ENG & Victoria, AUS, DEASON - Cornwall, ENG & Victoria, AUS, KERRISON - Norfolk, ENG & Tasmania, AUS, McIVER/McIVOR Scotland and Tasmania, AUS, TOBIN - Ireland, Victoria and Tasmaina, AUS

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 March 08 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rick,

"The Irish Bomfords 1617 to the Present" website was created in February 2005, primarily to make available on the internet Peter Bamford's hitherto unpublished work in three typewritten volumes, 'The Bomford Family of Ireland and Allied  Families'. www.bomford.net/IrishBomfords/index.htm

Christopher

Offline ricksmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 March 08 03:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher,

I have been involved with Peter's efforts and have a copy on my own website.

Many thanks for your time though.

Kind regards
Rick

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 March 08 03:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your message.

I guessed you might have been involved but posted the link in case there are other relatives of the family lurking around. It looks like a large family with many branches.

Christopher