Author Topic: Thankyou Riddle family  (Read 10822 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Thankyou Riddle family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 February 09 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Good luck Christine I started with one birth cert,and found my grandad was from a large family, and I have found loads of informtion,from people on this site,Gillian, keep in touch
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 February 09 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Christine I now know that my John was the son of Robert, Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 February 09 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations!   Just out of curiosity, where was he?

I, too, have had a breakthrough on my John - see my post on a transcript error, if you haven't already read it.  That little bit more evidence - or lack of it, in my case, can make all the difference.

Christine

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 February 09 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have John Riddells marriage cert and it says he is the son of Robert ,age 24 born North Shields married Northallerton,

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 21 February 09 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant!  So now you'll be looking for his baptism - or will you get a birth cert?

If you need any help with the baptism let me know - I do occasionally find myself at Northumberland archives.

Christine

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 21 February 09 23:37 GMT (UK) »
I would like to find his baptism I have looked on family search and I cast find one its annoying he has to be there in Northumberland,I wont be able to get a birth cert as its pre 1837,I would think it will be in Tynemouth as his granchildren and some of Johns children were baptised  there but I know not all of them were,thankyou for your messages Gillian xx

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 February 09 16:04 GMT (UK) »
I think John is with his sister Jane in 1841 under the name Reddell,Stephenson Street North Shields,no parents,and I havnt found a death for Robert Riddle/Riddell papermaker, the other Robert I was looking at had a large family it was the wrong one so if I can find anything from the little detail in the census I may be able to get going again,it does say John was a apprentice tailor so might be the right one needs a bit of detective work, Gillian

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 02 April 09 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hello to everyone ,who has shown a interest in my posts,I have found the Riddle family I am looking for ,Thomas Riddle married Mary Potts at Christ Church Tynemouth 1796,Thomas born 1797,William Potts Riddle and Robert Riddle born 24th Jan 1800 christened 30th March 1800 twin sons ,there are other children to be added later they need a little moreinvestigation,if anyone has come across any of the above please get in touch,Gillian

Offline scotsborderer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 01 July 12 15:05 BST (UK) »
hi c-side,

Just read your post re-mother in law being a Riddell. I have links to the Riddell's of Longhorsley via George b1850 & I think he was the brother of your William James b1851.

George's birth was registered as Riddle & he was born at Freeholders Quarter, Longhorsley. It looks like John's occupation was either Drover or Drainer but I can't read registrars writing.

George was my great great grandfather, his father being John b1822, mother Elizabeth Marshall. I think John's father was James Riddell who married Ann Burn on 24-8-1816 at Longhorsley but I can't find any births.

From 1861 census it seems the same family.

Cheers