Author Topic: McCALDRIDGE / ALEXANDER  (Read 6636 times)

mandyfahey

McCALDRIDGE / ALEXANDER
« on: Monday 23 February 09 19:42 GMT (UK) »
I hope that someone can help us solve a couple of little conundrums?
Our Alexander (McCaldridge) ancestors moved to Scotland from Ballymoney, Ireland between the years 1892 and 1900.

1. Are there any list which I could access to gain accurate (as accurate as it can be) information on this landing.

2. James McCaldridge (Alexander) and Jane Rainey had a son named Henry born 17 March 1875. We cannot find any other info about Henry- Did he die as a child, did he go on to marry and never left Ireland??
James also married Jane Mulholland in Ballymoney Ireland in 1888 following the death of Jane Rainey in 1887. Their children were William John 1876, Sarah Jane 1879, George McCaldridge 1881, Elizabeth 1884, Thomas 1887, Robert 1887, Charles 1890, Rachel 1892

3. James McCaldridge Alexander's parents were John McCaldridge and Mary Jane Wilkinson (married in Finvoy Presbyterian Church 28 Oct 1851) . We can't find if they had any other children. If they had then it may give us a clue as to who the children ran back to in Ballymoney when they were brought to Scotland (or so the family story tell us).

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance
Mandy

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: McCALDRIDGE / ALEXANDER
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 February 09 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Mandy, have you seen http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#searchType=standard;surname=McCaldridge; for Ireland
I find family legends often with truth underlying it, so I wish you well finding the proof.
I did wonder if you had run into  spelling variations eg McAldridge have you located Finvoy church records. Good luck, Jim
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 February 09 13:45 GMT (UK) »
have you seen www.emraldancestors.com website, here are some marriages. Its afee paying site.
1851 john  MCCALDRIDGE 
 mary jane   
  Antrim       

1852 john   
 anne  MCCALDRIDGE 
  Antrim       

1857 david   
 mary  MCCALDRIDGE 
  Antrim       

1876 william john   
 rebecca  MCCALDRIDGE 
  Antrim       

1896 william  MCCALDRIDGE 
 ann eliza   
  Antrim
Good luck, Jim
worldwide

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 February 09 14:04 GMT (UK) »
have you signed up to the free http://www.ballymoneyancestry.com/
worldwide

Offline patcan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 February 09 14:59 GMT (UK) »

Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 28 Oct 1851
Groom Name john MCCALDRIDGE
Bride Name mary jane WILKINSON
Church Finvoy Church of Ireland
Parish Finvoy
Civil District Ballymoney
County Antrim

Pat
Canavan Ferris Quinn Darcy (Belfast)
Andrews Greer Steele McCrea McDowell McKenna (Ballymena)
Connor (Down
Cragg Barrow (Lancaster)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 February 09 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Duplicate thread here:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,359087.0.html

Mandy- no need to start a new thread looking for information on the same people as it only causes needless confusion and duplication of efforrt for those trying to help.

Our Alexander (McCaldridge) ancestors moved to Scotland from Ballymoney, Ireland between the years 1892 and 1900.
1. Are there any list which I could access to gain accurate (as accurate as it can be) information on this landing.
No records were kept of people travelling between Ireland and Scotland, England and Wales as all were part of U.K.

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

mandyfahey

« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 February 09 06:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aghadowey
I am sorry I thought that I would have to post on the areas, countries that the family  (?) lived.

Apologies for any confusion.
Regards
M

Offline m.leddy-searle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 10 April 10 04:51 BST (UK) »
Hello, Sorry if I don't quite get the hang of it yet. I'm new at this. Looking for information on REBECCA MCALDRIDGE listed as the mother of ALEXANDER MCALDRIDGE listed in the IGI as      Birth:      
16 OCT 1876      Antrim, Ballymoney, Cork, Ireland

I cannot find anything on Rebecca McAldridge. I see that a Rebecca Mcaldrige is listed here. I was always told that was the name of my g-grandmother but have contradictory documents which list my g-grandmother as Nancy McEldridge or Anna Mcaldridge. However, was always told the name Rebecca was the ancestor. I am wondering if she is really my g-grandmother or not a relative at all. This is the only place that I've ever seen Rebecca Mcaldrige mentiond.

Any information would be appreciated.

My grandmother was born Elizabeth Pearl Josephine Searle somewhere in the US, either in Florida or Brooklyn, NY.

I am also researching Clarke, Leddy, Searle, and Boyd

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 10 April 10 10:01 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.
The 1876 marriage of Rebecca McCaldridge to William John ? took place in Ballymoney registration district.

The birth listed in IGI was also registered in Ballymoney district (IGI has mistakenly listed a batch of records as 'Antrim, Ballymoney, Cork, Ireland' instead of Ballymoney, Antrim. Ireland).

You haven't mentioned an age for your grandmother or what records list her mother as Nancy/Anna (variations of the same name) but you'd need to search through all possible U.S. sources to see if you can find when her family left Ireland, etc.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!