Author Topic: Need A Look Up At NRO  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Harold

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Need A Look Up At NRO
« on: Friday 23 April 04 15:09 BST (UK) »
I am in Canada and need some one who could do a look up at the Norfolk Records Office and perhaps photo copy a page or two for me.  

I have the name and date of discharge from the Norwich Union Workhouse to an Orphanage, and have been told by the Archivist at the NRO the document reference number.   I assume it is a book that may have been filmed.

Help and suggestions appreciated.

Harold Doan
doan@allstream.net

Spinks,Middleton,Bodley,Rouse,Guy

Offline hethmar

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Need A Look Up At NRO
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 June 04 11:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Harold,  You can apply by email for the NRO to look up and photocopy info for you.  I have done it a couple of times now.

www.norfolk.gov.uk/leisure/archives  

They charge £10 for half hour search and £20 for hour (maximum).

Good luck

Offline tj100

• RootsChat Extra
  • looking forwards to the past!!
    • View Profile
Re:Need A Look Up At NRO
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 July 04 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I get to the NRO from time to time, so if you can wait for a few weeks then I could do it for you. They charge 0.65 + vat per photocopy either A$ or A3.

I'm trying to track Canadian members of the Reynolds family last known in 1941, father Oswald H. Reynolds working for the Prudential Insurance Company, Toronto. Daughter was Edna, born around 1924ish.

Norfolk and Suffolk: allen, bentley, edwards, green(e), king, long, mansfield,, reeve, reynolds, salmon Essex: page, palmer, nice London: greenland, Yorkshire: fox, harrison, hepinstall, hirst, holland, more to come.....

Offline ednaroots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Need A Look Up At NRO
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 October 04 04:31 BST (UK) »
You have found edna reynolds!

She is 81 and is my mother. Daughter of oswald reynolds and Ada clarke.

So mom wants to know who you are, we are quite excited as we didn't know that we would have anyone left in norwich.

Offline tj100

• RootsChat Extra
  • looking forwards to the past!!
    • View Profile
Re: Need A Look Up At NRO
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 October 04 10:28 BST (UK) »
Have sent you a personal message, let me know if you didn't get it. ;D
Norfolk and Suffolk: allen, bentley, edwards, green(e), king, long, mansfield,, reeve, reynolds, salmon Essex: page, palmer, nice London: greenland, Yorkshire: fox, harrison, hepinstall, hirst, holland, more to come.....