Author Topic: Findlay CAMERON Scotland to Guernsey  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Findlay CAMERON Scotland to Guernsey
« on: Friday 06 March 09 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Findlay CAMERON was born in 1814 in Ross-shire, Scotland.

According to the census (and an inherited family tree) he moved to Guernsey and is found on censuses:

1851 census in St Peter Port, he's a gunner in the Royal Artillery, married to Mary, who is Irish

1861 census - can't see him at the moment

1871 census farmer 24 acres, "Hurel", Saints Road, St Martin.  Dau Sarah (20) and Catherine (15) born Guernsey

By 1881 on smaller farm, 11 acres "Gardinet", St Mary de Castro .  Dau Sarah is 30 and Katie 25.

Occupation still farmer in 1891, same farm.

I'd be interested to know anything about this family from Guernsey records and would welcome contact with any descendants - I have lots more info on the other branches of the family!

I have a feeling his brother Roderick went to Alderney - have census details but I'm not quite sure whether he's mine.  Again, any info welcome.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)