Author Topic: portadown northern ireland -king and courtney  (Read 5315 times)

Offline MAE

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
portadown northern ireland -king and courtney
« on: Wednesday 09 March 05 17:52 GMT (UK) »
 Need Help:  William King  and Alice courtney  parents.                        children-anna maria king-1891-nov.7,1965.  alice king-1888-dec.15,1965.   isobel king-1888-nov13,1964. all buried at dobbin cemetery.  lived life in portadown,northern ireland. son albert king born20 william street,1884. left for canada 1907. Maybe another son reverend william king ordained minister in newcastle area age 40 lived at 32 window terrace,gosforth in 1918.  How can I fill in the blanks.

Offline MAE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
portadown northern ireland lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 April 05 16:43 BST (UK) »
Would someone look up the 1901 and 1911 census for the family of william king and alice courtney.their children anna maria king 1891,alice king1888,isobel king1888 and albert king 1884. the address was probably 20 william street,portadown,northern ireland.     thankyou mae.               

Offline MAE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: portadown northern ireland lookup request
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 April 05 17:00 BST (UK) »
Dear anyone, Could you look up the census records that might list. William King, wife Alice Courtney, children anna maria 1891-1965,Alice King 1888-1965,Isobel King 1888-1964 ,Albert King 1884-1948.  Thankyou  mae. The address at birth of  albert king  was 2o william street portadown, northern ireland. the address at death of all three sisters was 107 thomas street, portadown northern ireland.  Also any advice.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: portadown northern ireland -king and courtney
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 May 05 03:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Mae,

May I check with you the blanks that need to be filled ?
Dates of birth of the parents - William and Alice
Exact birth date of Albert, Anna Maria, Alice and Isobel.
Check if there was a son William and if so exact date of his birth.
Since they lived all their lives in Portadown they were probably regular attenders at their local church.
It should be easy to establish which church they attended if you know which faith was followed by the family.

Are there any other blanks that need to be filled ?

Best Wishes,   Christopher

Offline MAE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: portadown northern ireland -king and courtney
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 May 05 16:26 BST (UK) »
christopher hi.  Most of the information I,ve given you is all I know about the king family. The address at the birth of william king (february 9,1884) was  20 william street and the address for the date of death for the three sisters was 107 thomas street, both addresses in portadown,northern ireland.1965. william king was a church of england minister and practised in newcastle area,northumberland,I think he was another son. William king senior was a carpenter,his wife alice courtney were both protestants.I believe their church was st.saviors,portadown and they # sisters are buried at the dobbin cemetery.They could have been members at st. marks,portadown but they don,t have a cemetery there.  I found a date for an isabella king,november 7, 1879 portadown northern ireland her parents are listed as william king and alice courtney. this might be the proper date for her birth.  At the time of the sisters funeralsa reverend thomas mcgonicle looked after  Isobel and anna maria king in 1964 and 1965 and alic in 1965 was looked after by reverend  m.h.g. mayes.    hopefully this will help.  A  1914  record for albert king says his father is at 20 william street portadown northern ireland. Hopefully this mixture of information will help.  Thankyou christopher