Author Topic: Leahy Family Fethard Tipperary  (Read 7184 times)

Offline Patricia Alley

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Leahy Family Fethard Tipperary
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 February 13 17:59 GMT (UK) »
I believe you are descendant of the same family as me.  My grandmother was Katie's sister.  My grandmother was Brigid Leahy.  I have a family tree.  If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.  My email address is  (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline kathyegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 April 16 01:02 BST (UK) »
I just discovered last week that my Leahys were also from Fethard - Denis Leahy was my great great grandfather, immigrated in the mid-1820s to New York, and a bit later to San Jose, California where he was a farmer. He lived to almost 100 years of age. ;D Brendan, I believe I have a book of yours. Would you autograph it for me?

Offline Jeflb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi , Jeremiah is my Great Great Grand father Thomas my Great Grand Father and his son Thomas was my Granddad. That's about all I know any info on this would be really helpful

Offline Jeflb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 00:00 BST (UK) »
Please can anyone help me re the Leahy family of Fethard, Tipperary.  My great grandfather was Thomas leahy, born 1872, in Fethard.  He married a Margaret Ryan, again in Fethard.  They had ten children, the eldest of which was my maternal grandmother Catherine (Katie) Leahy.  The family lived in Chapel Lane Fethard for many years - to my knowledge the house is still there.  Catherine married a british soldier, William Bedford, again in Fethard in 1916. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful, thanks, Anderton
Hi , Jeremiah is my Great Great Grand father Thomas my Great Grand Father and his son Thomas was my Granddad. That's about all I know any info on this would be really helpful

Offline kathyegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 00:51 BST (UK) »
Jeflb, Do you know the dates when your Jeremiah and/or Thomas lived? Do you know where they lived? Have you found them on any census forms? It's helpful to start with yourself and work backwards, documenting along the way.

Offline Jeflb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, possible family connection would love to find out more

quote author=Patricia Alley link=topic=371778.msg4822907#msg4822907 date=1360259981]
I believe you are descendant of the same family as me.  My grandmother was Katie's sister.  My grandmother was Brigid Leahy.  I have a family tree.  If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.  My email address is  (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

[/quote]

Offline Jeflb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, I do have the marriage certificate for Jeremiah I will get the dates and post them for you to see
Many thanks for your quick reply 😊

Jeflb, Do you know the dates when your Jeremiah and/or Thomas lived? Do you know where they lived? Have you found them on any census forms? It's helpful to start with yourself and work backwards, documenting along the way.

Offline Jeflb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 22:21 BST (UK) »
Thomas Leahy was my great grand father and his son also Thomas my granddad  think we are talking about the same people

uote author=anderton link=topic=371778.msg2459746#msg2459746 date=1238340025]
Please can anyone help me re the Leahy family of Fethard, Tipperary.  My great grandfather was Thomas leahy, born 1872, in Fethard.  He married a Margaret Ryan, again in Fethard.  They had ten children, the eldest of which was my maternal grandmother Catherine (Katie) Leahy.  The family lived in Chapel Lane Fethard for many years - to my knowledge the house is still there.  Catherine married a british soldier, William Bedford, again in Fethard in 1916. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful, thanks, Anderton
[/quote]

Offline Stewart-E

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 19 August 16 15:49 BST (UK) »
I am also exploring the Leahy Family Tree. I would agree with Thomas and Margaret having 10 children the eldest being Catherine and the youngest the twins Joseph and Anastasia. It is possible Thomas fought in the Boer War but I don't know which regiment. I know some men from Fethard were in the Leinster Regiment but the Royal Fusiliers were also recruiting in Ireland. Do you have any knowledge of military service?