Author Topic: Premnay graveyard  (Read 20553 times)

Offline MeeToo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Premnay graveyard
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 July 09 10:27 BST (UK) »
I already gave you this info in your other thread Premnay, Inverurie. ;)

MeeToo
Aberdeenshire: Pickard, Fiddes, Hardie, Duncan, Simpson, Angus

Offline bmwgem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 July 09 16:06 BST (UK) »
Oh yeah sorry where did you get this info from and which church is the stone in?

Offline MeeToo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 July 09 20:35 BST (UK) »
The info is from Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS unpublished MIs for Premnay.  (I'm a member and the draft for the unpublished Premnay MIs is available in our library.)  I don't know what the church is for sure, but would assume it's the local C of S parish church.  Have a look at the ANESFHS website and follow the links for burial records.  You should be able to access a map of NE Scotland and locate Premnay.

Hope that helps.

MeeToo

Offline iancongo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mee too!

I notice that you have helped out others looking for info on Premnay graveyard.  I'm researching surnames Rae, Davidson and possible Stewart from Premnay.  My ggg grandmother Catherine Rae was born in Premnay in c1809  to Margaret Davidson c1776 and William Rae c1776.  Williams parents were Janet Taylor and Alexander Rae.  Margarets parents were Jane Stewart and Hugh Davidson. I'd be very grateful if you were to be able to find any info on any of these. 

Im in Congo so unable to visit the centre in Aberdeen.

I notice one of your surnames of research is Fiddes, I have a ggg grandmother Agnes Fiddes born approx 1785 possibly Kincardinshire, and died 1879 Banchory area I think. Her parents were Robert Fiddes and illegible Jaffrey?   Just wondered if there may be a possile link?

many thanks
Ian 
Harvey(Outwell, Norfolk), Vipans (Upwell, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire), Gilchrist/Galoway (Old Cumnock, Lanarkshire and Ireland), Skinner (Banchory, Kindardine, Aberdeenshire), Finlayson (Aberdeenshire, Ross, Cromarty) Ratter (Shetland), Wilson, Dickson, Watson (Galashiels, Douglas, Scotland)

Offline MeeToo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 November 09 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian

I had a check in the Premnay MIs, but I'm sorry to disappoint you  - there are no stones to those names you mention, I'm afraid.

As to Fiddes ancestors - my great gandfather was Robert Fiddes, illeg. son of Ann Lamond and Robert Fiddes (allegedly).  He was born in Old Machar (Aberdeen).  His father was also illegitimate, but I know nothing of him but doubt that they were in Kincardine area, but you never know!

MeeToo

Offline iancongo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 November 09 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your very speedy response and taking time to check out the records.  It also helps to know where info is not so that you concentrate on other areas instead!

There is some confusion over Agnes Fiddes (married name Fraser)
death, as body was found at roadside assumed to be that of Agnes, later discovered to be male and drowned!  Would be interesting to know the full story! Do you have any idea if there would be newspaper records of the Banchory area for 1879 which may have reported this?

thanks again
Ian
Harvey(Outwell, Norfolk), Vipans (Upwell, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire), Gilchrist/Galoway (Old Cumnock, Lanarkshire and Ireland), Skinner (Banchory, Kindardine, Aberdeenshire), Finlayson (Aberdeenshire, Ross, Cromarty) Ratter (Shetland), Wilson, Dickson, Watson (Galashiels, Douglas, Scotland)

Offline MeeToo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 November 09 13:25 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure there would be a newspaper record of the story, Ian.  Our society holds microfilm of several papers, but maybe you would be best to contact the library service instead.  They are bound to have film of the relevant paper.  I would try the local branch library in Banchory first for advice.

Hope that helps

MeeToo

Offline New Zealander

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 13 August 10 02:50 BST (UK) »
Greetings Mee Too

Do you still have the means to check Premnay burials?  Looking for Alexander Glennie Grassick died 18.07.1940

Would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Alex C Glennie
New Zealand
Glasgow .. Glennie/Bryce, Aberdeenshire .. Glennie/ Grassick,
Clackmannanshire .. Bryce/Miller
Arbroath .. Spink
Oxfordshire .. Green
Cornwall .. Vincent

Ireland (Cobh) .. Sullivan

New Zealand .. Glennie/Bryce/Grassick/Spink/Palmer

Chatham Islands .. Rewai

Australia .. Glennie/Ross/Lusk

Offline MeeToo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Alex

Sorry it's taken so long - I'm afraid there is no mention of Alexander Glennie Grassick in the Premnay MIs.

MeeToo