Author Topic: Currie/Morrison...North Uist/Heisker  (Read 4224 times)

Offline HeatherFerguson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Currie/Morrison...North Uist/Heisker
« on: Thursday 09 April 09 09:29 BST (UK) »

Hi there.  This is my first posting here, all new to this. 

I don't have much information, but believe that a Mary Currie (Curry?) married Archibald Moris(s)on, they gave birth to Catherine (Amongst other siblings)...who later married Angus John Ferguson.

I am looking for any information of either of these 'trees'...Morison - (possibly from Heisker) or Ferguson - (from North Uist).

Thanks for any help in advance.
Heather.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Currie/Morrison...North Uist/Heisker
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather,

Can you please attach some dates to your query as it will help narrow things down? The more info. you can include, the better  ;D

Anne Marie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline HeatherFerguson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 December 14 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne Marie.  Wow, i'd forgotten all about this post!!  :)  It would have been early 1900's for Mary and Archibald; and 1930's approx that Catherine would have married Angus John.  Thanks for your reply.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 23:52 GMT (UK) »
I don't have much information, but believe that a Mary Currie (Curry?) married Archibald Moris(s)on, they gave birth to Catherine (Amongst other siblings)...who later married Angus John Ferguson.

There are NO marriages between 1855 - 2013 in the whole of Scotland for Angus John Ferguson & Catherine Morrison nor Currie using soundex for all surnames & forenames beginning with both "C" & "K" for her & forenames beginning with Angus for him.

Anne Marie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 00:43 GMT (UK) »
You have the wrong name for Catherine Morrisons husband.

Catherine Morrison b.1905 North Uist was the daughter of Archibald Morrison and Mary Currie who married 7/11/1901 Glasgow.  They then seem to return to North Uist where their children born.

According to a tree on Ancestry Catherine Morrison married a Donald Ferguson 25/3/1942 Harris South, Inverness and they apparently had 3 sons and 1 daughter.

Donald Ferguson was born 3/2/1902 Knockintorran, North Uist son of Angus John Ferguson and Christina MacCorquodale.

Donald Ferguson died 25/5/1975 and Catherine Ferguson, nee Morrison, died 18/2/1983 both at North Uist.   A photo of their headstone was on the tree I viewed - it shows Catherine as aged 80 when she died but according to birth index she was born 1905 not 1903.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 08:45 GMT (UK) »

My apologies but the way it's written looked as though Catherine later married Angus John Fersuson  :-\