Author Topic: ** COMPLETED WITH THANKS **Paul FOUNTAIN.. who was he really??  (Read 12049 times)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: ** COMPLETED WITH THANKS **Paul FOUNTAIN.. who was he really??
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 28 May 09 23:23 BST (UK) »

Going to shut this thread down now, with Chat - a - lots arrival on the scene I think I might have a great source of information about this man.

With grateful thanks to all that contributed and searched, I will let you know what we sort out about htis man.

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 29 May 09 00:59 BST (UK) »
Hi karenlee and everyone

Keep us updated  ...so glad you and chat-a-lot found each other! ;D

deb x
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nora J.

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Paul FOUNTAIN.. who was he really??
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 18 July 09 00:09 BST (UK) »
Have just discovered these messages about a search for Paul Fountain. If you are talking specifically about the Paul Fountain who was married to Gertude Alice Abbott, please write to me as I am just getting started working on this family's genealogy. My son in law is a direct descendent. Would love to correspond with other descendents and work together.

Thanks from Nora
Palmer, Foreman, Churchill, Greenhalgh, Walker, Boyce, Hawxby, Hitchcock, Eagle in ......Nottingham, Yorkshire, London, Wiltshire, Leicester

Offline grannyjane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 23 May 10 03:08 BST (UK) »
I have Paul Fountain as being the parents of my mother-in-law. She lived in New Zealand and died a couple of years ago. Name was Eva Bertha.

Offline Nora J.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: family of Paul & Gertrude Fountain
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 23 May 10 04:12 BST (UK) »
So nice to hear from you- do you know how to find my e address so we can write directly? Out of all their children then, only my son in law's grandmother is still alive, at age 94! Hope to hear more from you-   Nora in Alberta, Canada
Palmer, Foreman, Churchill, Greenhalgh, Walker, Boyce, Hawxby, Hitchcock, Eagle in ......Nottingham, Yorkshire, London, Wiltshire, Leicester

Offline milkymilo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 11 June 12 17:19 BST (UK) »
hi was just browsing when came cross this site and topic, my greatgrandfather was paul fountain and have very fnd memories as a child of my greatgrandmother Gertude Abbott, i heard stories of him been 1st white man to find the amazon river and how he was crippled by falling off a horse rearing on his exploring. My grandmother was concieved when he was 68years of age, my great grandmother was some what younger and due to his accident/death my grandmother and siblings had to be put into an orphanage until the Gertude was sent to New Zealand to stay with her brother and family via church hope that helps

Offline JillFrances

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 12 April 16 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi KarenLee
I am the granddaughter of his stepdaughter Gertrude Lilian Margaret Power who later used his name until she married though there was no formal adoption and she was the elder sister of John Paul, Thomas William, Robert George, Mabel, Betty, William and Eva Fountain who emigrated with their mother Gertrude Alice Fountain to New Zealand in 1926. It is my first time using this site and I am new to genealogy. I would love to know how far you got researching Paul Fountain?
regards
Jill

Offline Debadoo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 08 June 18 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Karen -

My husband is Paul Fountain's great-grandson.  Through ancestry DNA and newly discovered relatives, we now know who 'Paul Fountain' is and his background (including his birth name).
Perhaps you've discovered this already?

Regards,
Debra