Author Topic: A miscellany of Parish Records, Basildon and Bradfield  (Read 4582 times)

Offline matt94

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
A miscellany of Parish Records, Basildon and Bradfield
« on: Tuesday 19 May 09 17:48 BST (UK) »
I know this might not be of much help but here are some entrys of PR's when I got to the BRO and got copies of PR's:

Basildon:
26 Sept 1901, Violet Ruth Goodchild of Stratfield Turgis, left Basildon in October 1900, was buried aged 15 years
17 Sept 1901, Joseph Smith of 81 Upper Basildon (Kiln Hill House) was buried aged 63 years
22 Nov 1901, William Langford of Home Farm was buried aged 81 years
12 Jan 1933, Robert Barber of Beckfords, Upper Basildon was buried aged 82 years
12 Sept 1933, Joseph Smith of 7, Bethsda Street, Basildon was buried aged 74 years
7th January 1942, Beatrice Alice Windebank of White House Cottages, Lower Basildon, aged 49 years, was buried
18th May 1942, Timothy Richard Fisher of White House Nursery aged 4 months was buried
12 November 1942, Tabitha Smith of Bethesda Street, Upper Basildon aged 81 years, was buried
19th November 1942, Frederick Morris of Beckfords, Upper Basildon, aged 19 years, was buried in a double grave with Mary Ann Morris, (bur 13 Dec 1941 aged 81).
4 December 1942, Joseph Owen Harwood of 3, Garthway, Finchley, Nr London, was buried aged 52 years
21 Feb 1956, Ellen Page of Emery Farm Annexe, Upper Basildon, was buried aged 93 years

Bradfield:
April 17 1849
Thomas Ryder of full age, Bach of Bradfield, Servant son of John Ryder, Labourer
Mary Ann Colborne? of full age, spinster of High Place, Servant dau of William Colbourne, Yeoman
Thomas Ryder, Mary Anne Colbourne
wits: Frances Colborn, Mary Ann Jordan

Hope this helps someone,

Matt

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hited

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A miscellany of Parish Records, Basildon and Bradfield
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 December 09 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Many Thanks, the Smith's and Langford are my line, I have some limited info. Sorry for the belated reply but I am a newbie. From your message "Smith Sister's" it seems we are related.
My G/Father-Walter John Smith born 24.8.1864 @ Basildon is the 3rd son of Joseph Smith and Walter John married Rose a dau. of Emily Langford.
Please feel free to contact me in a more direct way, if that is at all possible.
Regards
hited     
Smith Basildon area
Smith Wiveliscombe Som.

Offline matt94

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 December 09 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello hited,

I am the great-great-grandson of Joseph Smith, brother of Walter John, born 10 Oct 1858. He married Tabitha Selwood on 1 Jan 1884 at Basildon and their daughter Dorothy born 1891 is my great-grandmother.

I have Walter and Rose's marriage certificate in Henley-on-Thames, Oxon. Also some more information if you would like some.

I will send you a personal message with my email address, so feel free to contact me.

Matt
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hited

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello, this is hited it seems as though I cannot have a personal message until I have completed 3 postings, so if matt94 can wait a while i'll make a couple more. Possibly I have this horribly wrong but I was rather keen to make contact and at the moment stuck.
Cheers hited
Smith Basildon area
Smith Wiveliscombe Som.