Author Topic: "completed"find house on Birchfields Road Manchester  (Read 5655 times)

Offline Lambendsor (aka IGS)

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: find house on Birchfields Road Manchester
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 May 09 16:17 BST (UK) »
The Manchester Archives and Local Studies division at Manchester Central Library has copies of the Electoral Registers.

Go to the Lancashire Look Requests page:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,233.0.html

And post a query, titled something like "MCL lookup - Electoral Registers".

Someone going to the library might be able to check them for you. Just remember to give plenty of background information (a reasonable range of dates, names, and locations -  i.e. 1920s, PEARN family, Birchfields Road, etc.).

Good luck!
ENDSOR: Tamworth/Manchester
LAMB: Leeds/Manchester
SMITH: Manchester
HOLMES: Kirk Ireton/Manchester
WORTHINGTON: Middleton/Manchester
SHORROCK: Manchester
BROOKS: Wilmslow/Knutsford
By marriage in Manchester: BAXENDALE, DODD, EYERS, FIRTH, FISHER, FO(R)STER, HARGREAVES, J(A/E)RVIS, McKEOWN, OSBALDESTON, PICKWELL, PODMORE, SCHOFIELD, SHALLCROSS, STONES, WALKER
GREY, DOYLE, GOLDEN, MONAHAN: Ireland
HAWE, FRENEY, NARY: Co. Kilkenny
DONOHO and variants: Co. Longford

Offline Simonj99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "completed"find house on Birchfields Road Manchester
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 May 17 14:00 BST (UK) »
I used to live here the house number is 69 and I have the actual  house name plaque

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 May 17 16:23 BST (UK) »
I used to live here the house number is 69 and I have the actual  house name plaque

Hello Simon

Welcome to Rootschat :D

Megan hasn't been around since Mar 2016, but hopefully she is still getting notification of replies and will be back soon

Jan
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline 162megan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 May 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
Wow, I stood outside the house once, but it didn't look alot like my old photo. My mum used to talk about the house with great affection. Were you a student there? I really appreciate your getting in touch, I would love to have it if you don't want it, or even see a picture of it. 

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 16:08 BST (UK) »
Your photo looks like the back of number 69, Megan. In Google maps in 3D satellite you can see the bow window at the rear looking much like your photo

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/69+Birchfields+Rd,+Manchester+M13+0XX/@53.4506517,-2.207269,62a,35y,270h,39.57t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487bb3d35adc8b81:0x3cd52f82e5608509!8m2!3d53.4505544!4d-2.208526
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Simonj99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 20:29 BST (UK) »
My parents bought house in 1951 and lived there untill 2004. I will try and send photo of name, I also have copies of original plans circa 1910. What is your connection to property?

Offline 162megan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 10:42 BST (UK) »
My parents bought house in 1951 and lived there untill 2004. I will try and send photo of name, I also have copies of original plans circa 1910. What is your connection to property?

My great grandparents bought the house when it was new in about 1909 and lived there until the 1940's.  They named this next house Kelsie too, and when my great aunt died there in 1967 a lot of the mahogany furniture from the Birchfields Road house  was inherited by my mother.  I have it now in pride of place in my dining room. I wonder about the outside staircase with the glass sides, presumably that was original? My mother and her sister talked a lot about your house, and always referred to it as Kelsie Birchfields Road to differentiate it from the second Kelsie in Mere.

Offline 162megan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 10:45 BST (UK) »

My great grandparents bought the house when it was new in about 1909 and lived there until the 1940's.  They named this next house Kelsie too, and when my great aunt died there in 1967 a lot of the mahogany furniture from the Birchfields Road house  was inherited by my mother.  I have it now in pride of place in my dining room. I wonder about the outside staircase with the glass sides, presumably that was original? My mother and her sister talked a lot about your house, and always referred to it as Kelsie Birchfields Road to differentiate it from the second Kelsie in Mere.

Offline Hannah09

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 12 April 20 21:53 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Could anyone confirm for me - is this 69 birchfields road as it stands now?

I live there now and I was wondering if this is actually the house - it looks similar but I’m not sure if it’s the exact one which is there now - opposite the end of the park?

I know this was posted a long time ago but I am really interested to know if it’s the house. If so, does anyone have anymore information or photos?

I am happy to post photos of the house now!