Author Topic: The elusive Gibbins branch of the family.  (Read 41241 times)

Offline Sarah williamson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The elusive Gibbins branch of the family.
« Reply #54 on: Friday 09 October 15 23:40 BST (UK) »
Also kezia lived her last years in Bedford. Do you suppose family originated from there. I'm confused

Online DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 09 October 15 23:48 BST (UK) »
My own branch of the family lived in Milton Ernest and according to some of the fantastic support and info I received as a result of this thread , there was also a connection with Kettering.

My direct ancestor William married a Cyanna Cole/s and christened one of their sons James Montague Cole Gibbins ( b 1846) I have pencilled in Cyannas parents as James and Mary but haven't gotten any further

It seems the connections may be through Kettering and non-conformists especially Methodist/Wesleyans

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Sarah williamson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 10 October 15 00:19 BST (UK) »
So that would mean my James montages Cole born 1912 would have been cyanas brother And she named her son after him ??

Online DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 10 October 15 00:26 BST (UK) »
I would assume that , but I have no connection yet.  :)

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Scott, Cronin

Offline Robert Gibbins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 10 October 15 11:26 BST (UK) »
A couple of  questions?

Does anyone know what happened to Mercian?  He hasn't been on RootsChat since February 2015. Second: DavidG02 I see by the flag under your name you live in Australia as I do.  Which part?  It is amazing how many Gibbins' came out to Australia.  I even found one buried just miles from me at Yan Yean Cemetery.  She had married a William Bodycoat and came to Victoria in 1844.  Now for that small world bit.  The Bodycoats live only at Wollert just few miles from me and one of them taught school where and when my children attended it.  So you can see it is a small world

My family history you can read on page 5 of this forum.

Robert Gibbins

Offline Sarah williamson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 16 October 15 22:02 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know why in 1886 there was a court case between Ann Jane Gibbins (widow) being the plaintiff and kezia Cole (nee Gibbins) and James montague Cole ? Please

Offline Sarah williamson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 26 October 15 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Hay all, I've been to Hallaton today and found and got pictures of gravestones of Sarah Gibbins mother to Richard. And of Richard. Also Henry Gibbins and Thomas and wife Elizabeth ( the son of Thomas and Elizabeth) and a few more that I have yet to place exactly. Was a fab day

Online DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Great stuff Sarah

Would that be Thomas and Elizabeth 1723-1796ish? Can you confirm death dates please if it is these 2 :)

Scott, Cronin

Offline Sarah williamson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Not the parents unfortunately it's the son of them two  Thomas that married eliz Dixon ? He died in 1827 and her in 1842. Confirmed. Henry another son confined died in 1838. Have pics is people want a copy. 1 want to go back today to see if I can find Jane who married a greenwood and an eliz who married an Osborn. Also I got a couple of johns I need to place m so exited