Author Topic: Scottish OPR's  (Read 8891 times)

Offline CelticMom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish OPR's
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 June 09 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hi fieryfemale,

My great x5 grandparents are James COMRIE (sometimes known as CONON) and Christian LECKIE.  I haven't been able to find their marriage in the parish register but strangely enough it is mentioned on IGI (as an extracted record).  I wish their children were all listed together.  Two of their sons moved to Stirlingshire which is where I fit in.  I believe Christian LECKIE's parents are John LECKIE and CHRISTIAN DRUMMOND.

I was at the Mitchell Library yesterday and I had another look at the Muthill Parish Register and BruceL is correct about a fire in the Session Clark's house.  There is a note at what would have been the front of a book and it basically says that for the Register of Births it is what "could be recovered from People's memories or their Jottings from 3rd August 1704 to 1st November 1760".  John Leckie and Christian Drummond's marriage and children are recorded at the top of the very next page.

Regards........Christine

So your Christian and my Anna are sisters  ;D. Have you managed to find out anymore on on John Leckie or Christian Drummond i.e. their parents. I would really like to know if Christian Drummond's ancestor's are related to Drummond Castle.  I have Christian as marrying James Comrie too, but I think it is all gathered from the IGI. I have them with 7 children, again from the IGI.

Anderson & Marr - Midlothian & East Lothian
Bennett - Devonport
Catleugh & Shiells - East Lothian
Galvin, McLaren, Cullen & Dowling - Waterford, Ireland
Littlejohns - Plymouth & London
Mansfield - Benfleet & St Pancras
Michelin - London
Newlands - Midlothian & Fife
Paterson - Canongate, Midlothian
Rutherford and Johnston - Roxburghshire
Taylor - East Lothian & Berwickshire
Thomson - Leith & Muthill
Thorney, Hawkin, Lewis - Herefordshire
Small & Paulin - Northumberland
Varrall - Kent

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 June 09 19:40 BST (UK) »
This marriage is on the OPR's

01/01/1771 LECKIE CHRISTIAN  and JAMES COMRIE at Muthill /PERTH

Only 1 BAPTISM showing for any children

17/11/1772 COMRIE JOHN son of JAMES COMRIE and CHRISTIAN LECKIE  at Muthill /PERTH

Offline pricech2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 June 09 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi fieryfemale,

I haven't yet got around to investigating Christian DRUMMOND and John LECKIE.  If I do find anything, I'll let you know.

Regards.......Christine
Banffshire/Moray:
     BURGESS, DUSTAN, GEORGE, GORDON,
     HUTCHEON/HUTCHESON/HUTCHISON, M(a)cLEOD, MANN,
     PATERSON, PIRIE
Stirlingshire:
     BURNS, CAMPBELL, COMRIE, MATHIESON, MILLAR/MILLER,
     STIRLING, WALLACE, WHITE/WHYTE

Offline jubed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 September 09 14:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine
My  great x 5 grandparents were also James Comrie and Christian Leckie.I come down through their son Peter born 1781(married to Margaret McInnes) and my dad was actually called James Comrie and his dad before him. Any family history you could share would be very
 gratefully received
       Thanks cousin(however many times removed) Jubed
Sussex-Bedwell.Perthshire, Stirlingshire-Comrie.East Yorkshire-Berry,Bostock.Cumberland,Durham-Smith,Douglas.

Offline elaine447

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 06 September 09 14:56 BST (UK) »
do any of you have an Agnes Leckie born about 1780
and married to a Robert Adam 1803 in Paisley
Elaine
Given,McCorkindale,Kennaway.Wylie,Cameron,Mooney,McCloskey,Black,
McCafferty,Gillespie,Jamieson,Keith,Adam,Quigley,Ainslie,
McHugh,Malone,Fisher,Burns,Gallacher,Nelson,Dunleavy,Brannan,
Docherty,McCluskey,Fitzpatrick,Barclay,Steele,King,Allison

Offline jubed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 06 September 09 18:57 BST (UK) »
Sorry no but could poss be a niece of Christian
    Best wishes Jubed
Sussex-Bedwell.Perthshire, Stirlingshire-Comrie.East Yorkshire-Berry,Bostock.Cumberland,Durham-Smith,Douglas.

Offline jubed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 06 September 09 20:00 BST (UK) »
 Hi again Christine
Think we may be quite closely related.Peter and Jean(Stirling)Comrie were my gg grandparents.
 Their son David   and Margaret (Anderson)Comrie my ggrandparents, their son James Anderson Comrie and Isabel Smith my grandparents.I never knew my grandad or any of his
family as he died when my dad was young in the1920's and would love to know anything about you all.
  We don't live in Scotland but not far away!
                Best wishes Jubed

Offline JenniferFT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 09 April 10 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am just starting to get in to the 1800's in my research and I have found a Comrie relative. 

My great-great grandmother was Ann Jemima Comrie born in Blackford Perth about 1839.  Ann's father was Donald Comrie born in Comrie, Perth abt 1806.  Donald Comrie was married to Janet Comrie (I believe maiden name was McGregor).  Janet (McGregor) Comrie was born in Comrie, Perth in abt 1797.  Donald and Janet Comrie lived in Muthill Village as per the 1851 census with their daughters Ann and Catherine Comrie (born abt 1837 Blackford Perth).  Ann Jemima Comrie married Duncan Ferguson on 1 June 1860 in Muthill.  She was listed as a domestic servant at the time of her marriage and he was a painter.  Janet (McGregor) Comrie was listed as deceased by this date.

Duncan Ferguson and Ann (Comrie) Ferguson seem to have stayed in Muthill for a couple of years and then moved around.  Their children are as follows as far as I could tell from census records.  Jessie/Janet born Muthill 1861, Daniel born Muthill 1864, Duncan born Glasgow 1866, Isabella born Grangemouth, Stirlingshire 1869, Elizabeth born Lauristown, Stirlingshire 1871, James born Glasgow 1873 and Peter born Glasgow 1875 (my great grandfather).

If anyone has any further information relating to Ann Jemima Comrie, her parents or any these Comrie relations, I would love to hear from you.  Thank you.  Jennifer.

Offline Anderson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 06 January 11 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Don't know if we have been in contact with one another before but if we haven't. I have family in my tree Comrie's from Kilsyth Peter Comrie & Margaret McInnes.
Anderson
Scotland - Stirlingshire area:
Anderson - Moffat - Comrie - Rankin - Reid - Sneddon-Snaddon

Scotland - Renfrewshire - Thorn - Johnstone:
Speirs - Watson - Fillans - Logie

England - Leeds - Yorkshire:
Oddy - Littlewood

England - Sudbury - Suffolk
Hempstead - French - Newell - Healey - Cole - Andrews

England - Staplehurst - Kent
Alchin - Waters

England - Birmingham