Author Topic: Blue House  (Read 8716 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Blue House
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 15:39 BST (UK) »
Well, in a couple of years time, maybe less, it won't look like that at all  ;D ;D ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 16:06 BST (UK) »
According to the map Blue House will still be there.
Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 16:43 BST (UK) »
I don't want to be pedantic but what I said was that it wouldn't look like your street view as it won't be on the roundabout anymore.  I said nothing about the house not being there.

The roundabout will be moved further North with trees being felled on each side of the road to create a large roundabout  There have been quite a few objections.

I've been to some of the presentations over that last few weeks. I live less than a mile away. The Blue House roundabout has been there for as long as I can remember. I remember being taken around it when I learnt to drive in the early 1970s.

Added - Stan, I see that the map you've put up is a clip from a map given on  my City Council Planning Dept link, it might be copyright so it would be best to put the link up rather than the map, just in case:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01iab/

Added - hot off the press - 2 JenB has read that the council are altering their plans - see here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-37170972

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***