Author Topic: GILBERT/COE family  (Read 17352 times)

Offline annoh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GILBERT/COE FAMILY
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 12 September 09 18:21 BST (UK) »
Dear LuckyIrish4U, Thank you so much for your prompt reply but for some reason i cannot reply directly back to you so apologies for responding on this thread once again.  I would be delighted to share some more information with you.  I live very near where you are intending to visit in the coming weeks! Perhaps you would be kind enough to message me again, I am sorry I am so new to the site I cannot work out how to respond directly.  Many thanks.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 12 September 09 18:38 BST (UK) »
New members need to make 3 posts before they can use the PM (personal message) system-
www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Ferns51

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 04 December 09 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi...I believe that Thomas's grandfather was a Richard Coe and that he had three children that I know of, Harriet who married a Moses Murphy on 2/6/1851, then there was Mary who married Edward Rathville on 10/6/1848, and lastly there was Thomas who first married Margaret Hussack, I don't know when. He then married Margaret Doyle on 22/10/1856.From the second marriage he had James and Margaret. From the first marriage he had Thomas (at this stage I don't know of any others) who married Elizabeth Shuddall. Let me know what you think and I can send you some more information concerning the second marriage should you desire it.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 04 December 09 15:13 GMT (UK) »
hi,,,any information regarding the coe family would br gratefully recieved. ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 04 April 10 21:26 BST (UK) »
i have tryed a few times to write to you but i dont think you have been getting them i would love to hear from you .thank you.luckyirish4u

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 05 April 10 03:56 BST (UK) »
Both COE & GILBERT surnames (1 family of each)are listed in Wexford according to the 2003/4 elctoral roll and residing within 1km of each other.

Mike.
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline luckyirish4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 15:35 BST (UK) »
i have tryed to send you a message quite a few times but your box is full i would love to hear from you .thank you

Offline SeumasMcCOO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 15:42 BST (UK) »
We too are looking for Coe of Wexford. We have had little luck in finding them on the Irish births and deaths. Basically my wife is a granddaughter of William Coe, and we believe a great-granddaughter of Thomas Coe and Elizabeth Shudal. One of the daughters of William, Rita had complied a genealogy, but with no dates whatsoever. It gives the 13 children of Thomas and Elizabeth and decendants. Any help or connection would be very welcome 

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 04:05 BST (UK) »
Hello SeumasMcCOO,
You mention that our wife's grandfather was William Coe, but not who her parents were.  As a lot of people are researching this line it would be good to know that as a starter to pointing you towards more information.  What BMD registrations are you looking for?
A word of warning - not all the information out on public trees re this line is accurate so check sources thoroughly.
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.