Author Topic: Help Sarah Jones  (Read 10760 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Sarah Jones
« Reply #27 on: Monday 27 July 09 13:56 BST (UK) »
I think I may have found a pos.marriage for Sarah Jones to William Jones st Asph march 1861 so if the census was taken April she may be on the 1861 census with William Jones. I have as the youngest child Mary Elizabeth  born september 1870 I have found the deaths for 7 William Jones between December 1869 and April 1871 any chance of checking the 1861 census to see if there is a  Sarah Jones age 25ish with a husband William Jones

thanks

audrey

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 27 July 09 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey

The Sarah who married the William obviously wasn't born at the correct time or place as they're not showing on the 1861 with those parameters.

There are two possible Sarah Jones, b. Whitford circa 1835 with the following husbands:

Whitford - Joshuah
Holywell - Robert

Also Sarah Jones b.c. 1836, Whitford as a servant in Whitford.

I think the best way forward is to obtain the birth certificate of one of her children by this Jones marriage.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 27 July 09 20:47 BST (UK) »
Gadet
I have been on the welsh BMD that is  where i got Sarah's second marriage cert from last week found 5 Po's Thomas Jones births for Whitford 64-65 and 7 for a Mary Jones 1870 I was able to narrow this down to 1870 as Mary was only 8 mths old in 1871 I have also found the marriage of a Sarah Jones to a John Jones at St Marys Mold in 1864  so if I send for the marriage cert  and also ask them to check for a birth for Mary with father John Jones mother Sarah or should I just send for the marriage cert first

audrey

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 27 July 09 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey

I think you should be concentrating on the Whitford/Holywell Registration Dsitricts. That's where she was born and where her second marriage was.

Sarah Jones (well any Jones) is not easy and you'll be wasting a lot of money going around Flintshire RDs getting any cert for a marriage of a SArah.

Do have a look at a map of Flintshire and work out the probably locations.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 10:12 BST (UK) »
I have the cert for Mary Jones I have to say the service from Flintshire Register office is great 2 certs by return of post

Mary Elizabeth Jones 10/8/1870 Glanydon Holywell
father John Jones miner
mother Sarah Jones formally Jones .X the mark of Sarah Jones mother .Lloc Whitford so according to this John Jones must of died after august 1870 but before April 1871

audrey

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 10:20 BST (UK) »
So she married a John  :)

What was the age of her oldest child?  I  would think that she might well be the unmarried servant that I found on the 1861 and married John sometime after that.

Gadget

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 11:07 BST (UK) »
The oldest one was Thomas born 1863-64 but there was to Many to be able to narrow him  down, thats why I went for Mary because she was 8 mths in 1871. I am having a job finding Thomas  or Mary after 1881 where they are living Durham with Samuel and Sarah  because by then they  had taken the name Spencer I was thinking just this morning no wonder we have so much trouble finding births when on the second marriage the children take the step fathers name I had this with my mothers family also, getting back to the 1800s I could not find a Monkhouse birth only to find that I should in fact be looking for Allery using marriage certs can send you off on a costly wild goose Chase

audrey

Offline Jonah5657

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 12 July 10 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, Not absolutely sure at the moment but I think we might just be connected.
Have had numerous years searching for our elusive Grandfather, have him on 1891 Census lodging with family in Cumberland, he was Married at Dearham Church near Cockermouth in 1893, living in Seaham, Co. Durham in both 1901 and 1911 Census, on each of the Census returns it indicates he was born in Hanley, Staff. but I can't find his actual Birth.
His name was Thomas Emrys Jones, Married Margaret Hannah Armstrong.
It was only recently while talking to my Brother about playing Bowls with my Father (about 60 years ago) when he mentioned that a Trophy at the club was the John Edward Jones Cup, he mentioned that it had nothing to do with him but thought it was named after an Uncle (both my Father and I are named John Edward Jones).
Talking to my Brother set me thinking that I must have other Joneses living in the area, I'd always when I was younger thought our Joneses belonged the Horden/Easington area, I was born at Horden 75 years ago.
I then found a John Edward Jones in Dawdon on the 1901 Census Born in Lloc, from there going back through the various Census returns going back to 1841 it takes us back to what looks like the same John and Margaret that you mention.
I'll leave it at that for the moment but if you are interested please don't hesitate in replying.
Take care.
John

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 12 July 10 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi John

pos.as I dont know his date of birth ?

THOMAS HENREY JONES   15 Jan 1860      Hanley, Staffordshire
            St John the Evangelist
   Father:   Thomas JONES