Author Topic: Venancio MORALEJO - Spain  (Read 5632 times)

Offline alibongo13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Venancio MORALEJO - Spain
« on: Saturday 25 July 09 20:10 BST (UK) »
Venancio was born abt 1880 Kinguela?? Spain (details from 1901 Scottish census - name misspelt Noralejo - living in Edinburgh as Medical Student).
Does anyone know anything - all I can find is the above info and the fact he became a Doctor and Physician and travelled (1st Class) to UK and NY 1923/33/37 and was later shown as living in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Any details on Venancio or his parents/family would be fantastic.

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline alibongo13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Venancio MORALEJO - Spain
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 July 09 20:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks but that is how I got the info I already mentioned above.  I am now trying to find out about his family.

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 July 09 21:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks but that is how I got the info I already mentioned above.  I am now trying to find out about his family.

I know...thats so people don't go over the same ground wasting time looking for information you already have.
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline familyhistorian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 10 August 13 02:25 BST (UK) »
Venancio was born abt 1880 Kinguela?? Spain (details from 1901 Scottish census - name misspelt Noralejo - living in Edinburgh as Medical Student).
Does anyone know anything - all I can find is the above info and the fact he became a Doctor and Physician and travelled (1st Class) to UK and NY 1923/33/37 and was later shown as living in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Any details on Venancio or his parents/family would be fantastic.

Venancio Moralejo was a doctor in Edinburgh but was born in Venezuela and went back there to practice before moving to Trinidad, where he died in 1939. He had a sister Elvira, sister Brigida and brother Miguel. Not sure if the Venancio you're looking for is this man - he is my grandfather.

Offline cupoftea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 August 13 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi - whoever sent this latest message.  Venancio had a daughter when he was in Edinburgh - named her Elvira - she was my grandmother.  Are you in England ?  Elvira spent many years trying to find her father but with no luck.  Elvira had several children.  The first, Valerie is my mother.  We have a photo of Venancio but nothing else.

Offline familyhistorian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 10 August 13 19:12 BST (UK) »
I'm new to this site - can we share photos offline? I also have a photo of him. It would be very interesting to find out if it's the same man

Offline cupoftea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 10 August 13 20:18 BST (UK) »
Can't be anyone else - we know he was born in Venezuela and studied tropical medicine in Edinburgh.  We were told he died in the jungle, but all a bit vague.  What we didn't know is that he had sisters and a brother.  Elvira (his daughter) had several half sisters and half brothers, and some information got passed down to us.  You say Venancio was your grandfather, - we thought he never married.  Are you related through Elvira his daughter, or did he have other children.  Am very keen to find out whether you are related through the Venezualan side which we have been eager to find out about, or whether you are a relative on my mother's side who has a bit more information than we have.

Offline familyhistorian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 10 August 13 20:44 BST (UK) »
Here is an early picture. Let me know if it matches yours.

He married in 1920 or so - don't have a date yet. For the "died in jungle" thing - the story is that he was treating a patient in Venezuela when he was attacked by a man with a machete. He came to Trinidad to recover. His future wife Carmen lived in Trinidad, but apparently the families knew each other from Venezuela. Venancio had 3 children with Carmen - my father Richard and two daughters, all born in Trinidad. His father's name was Demetrio and his grandfather's name is Miguel. Demetrio came from Spain.

So what's the history of Elvira?