Author Topic: Wilding family, Monmouth. - COMPLETED.  (Read 13356 times)

Offline Roaming Grannie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Wilding family, Monmouth.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 August 09 16:51 BST (UK) »
Lydart,
Thanks for that information about the "Beacon".  I have heard from a local gentleman who is trying to find some information for me, so I will wait to see how that works out before trying a letter to the Editor.  I appreciate your comments.
Grannie in Canada
Berkshire     -     Baker, Blundy, Clark, Cooper, Franklin, Hunt, Johnson, Mattingley, May, Talbot, Wallis.
Glamorgan   -     Prosser, James, Mainwaring.
Hereford      -     Goode
Monmouth    -    Gladden, Howell, Mainwaring, Mason, Prosser, Watkins, Wilding.

Carmarthen  -    Mainwaring

Wiltshire       -    Liddiard, Talbot

Offline WIGGS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 March 10 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have just started to look into my family history and did not know a lot about my grandparents. My grandfather was Edward Daniel Mainwaring and my Grandmother was Louisa Anne Prosser and they were married in Monmouth.
Louisa came from Buckholt in monmouth and Edward from Carmarthen. Can anyone give anymore information.
 Many thanks
Mainwaring,Howells,Thorbey,  wales
Prosser ,Mason, Probert, Lewis, monmouthshire
Wigmore, Henly, Wedlake, Morgan

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 March 10 08:47 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure your family will tie in with the families mentioned above, I'll get back to you.  Fred

Offline WIGGS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 March 10 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone familiar with the family of George and Esther Wilding who were living at Kent Cottage, Buckholt Road, Monmouth on the 1911 Census??  Esther Wilding formerly Prosser was the elder Sister of my Grandfather Edwin Prosser. The family lived in Skenfriith until about the middle of the 1880's.  Thank you.

I think my family have a connection with the Wilding family, on the marriage certificate of my grandparents there is a witness called George Wilding and Sarah Ann Matley May 1894 in Monmouth.  My Great  grandmother`s maiden name was Mason, Howell is another name in our family. 

Offline Roaming Grannie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 March 10 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I have not been paying attention of late.  Louisa Prosser was the Sister of my Grandfather Edwin Prosser.  I have a couple of pictures of Daniel Mainwaring & Louisa received from another family member and would be happy to share with you. Please let me know, and again my apologies for not keeping track of my postings as necessary.
Berkshire     -     Baker, Blundy, Clark, Cooper, Franklin, Hunt, Johnson, Mattingley, May, Talbot, Wallis.
Glamorgan   -     Prosser, James, Mainwaring.
Hereford      -     Goode
Monmouth    -    Gladden, Howell, Mainwaring, Mason, Prosser, Watkins, Wilding.

Carmarthen  -    Mainwaring

Wiltshire       -    Liddiard, Talbot

Offline l_hinton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wilding family, Monmouth. - COMPLETED.
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 February 11 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello- the Wildings you seek are my direct relatives.
Florence Annie Wilding is my great-grandmother. She married William G Hinton and moved to Purton, Wiltshire, when she had 10 children, one of whom was Percy, my grandad.
I have a photo of her with all her children and her mother Esther, at the kitchen table. I also have a great photo of William G Hinton with his horse and cart- he was a haulier.
Let me know if you'd like to see them. I'm totally new to Rootschat so you'll have to bear with me... ;)
I'd love to hear about the Wildings whilst they were still in Buckholt. I have found them on the censuses and the father's family (George 1852) right back to the 1871 census.
I've been studying old and new maps of Buckholt and Monmouth, and would love to go and see where they lived. I've found many of the nearby houses on the censuses but can't quite pin theirs down.
Please get in touch, I'd love to swap notes!

Offline WIGGS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 February 11 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My grandmother Louisa Annie Prosser was Esther's sister and she was living in Buckholt at the time of her marriage in 1894.  I do have a contact for a lady of the Wilding family who lives in Cardiff.  George Wilding was a witness at Louisa's wedding. 

Offline l_hinton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 February 11 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello WIGGS

Thanks for getting back so quickly! I think your Grandmother Louisa Annie Mainwaring (nee Prosser) was my Great Great Grandmother's Ester's sister.

I've traced their family back 3 more generations to Ann Prosser b 1755. They all seem to be called either Ann or John, so it's very confusing.

If you want any other details (siblings of Louisa Annie, or her Father's siblings etc) then let me know.

Likewise, any details you can fill me in on would be great too.

Offline gilly wilding

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 21 February 13 23:05 GMT (UK) »
the prossers were my grandparentsx4. I am the grt grandaughter of albert and jane wilding. Their daughter was my grandmother, edith wilding. I have photos of the prossers on my ancestry tree.