Author Topic: Pryce of Birkenhead  (Read 8831 times)

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Pryce of Birkenhead
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Denise

Welcome to Rootschat

I had a look at  the'Cheshire BMD' site and saw the marriage in 1885 at St Mary's in Birkenhead . I'm not sure what details you have already so I looked up the marriage (on microfilm) when I was at Birkenhead library.

Taliesin Jones age 25 occupation-Mason  address-Cleveland Street  Father Robert Jones(deceased)
Ellen Ann Pryce  age 23 address- Cleveland Street Father William Pryce(Locksmith)
They were married on 3rd March 1885  witnesses William Pryce and Emma Pryce.

They then appear on the 1891 census living at 11 Greenwich Road Walton on the Hill Liverpool
Taliesin born Birkenhead(stonemason)
Ellen born Montgomeryshire
William(age 4) born Birkenhead
Arthur(age3) born Walton on the Hill
Robert(age1)born Walton on the Hill

In 1881 Taliesin was living with his father in Birkenhead at 22 Sydney Street

Robert age 65 (wid) born Caernarvon
Mary age 31 born Holyhead
Taliesin age 21 born Birkenhead
St David age 19 born Birkenhead
Ellen G age 17 born Birkenhead

I can try to find them on more census records -just let me know and I will have a look for you.

I hope this helps

Neptune

carigreen - I know you are looking for descendants but if  you need the marriage details I can check next time I go to the library as I think the marriage was also at St Marys.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dream

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 October 09 19:07 GMT (UK) »
how very kind of you to help me . i found talieson at wirral only . my grandad married my granmother 1924 in bedfordshire. but family who have past away now say that it a bigamist marriage and my granmother went back to her maiden name . in 1924 the name on marriage certific was arthur taleyson jones age 27 . i think white lies was told . i need to find a ist marriage of him to see if it was bigamist , my dad not well at 82 and i would love to find any family he may have out there , just dont now how to find out if he was in bedfordshire 1924/5 . to see if he is the right family . sorry to go on but i been out all day and so pleased to get your message when i came in .. thank you so so much from denise

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 October 09 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Denise

Just want to make sure Taliesin from Birkenhead is the right one.

On the 1911 census  he is still in Liverpool with his family - his occupation is a street mason/flagger. Arthur is 23 and his occupation is an engine fitter-marine.

There's another Taliesin Jones (wife Beatrice and daughters Annie,Lilly and Edith) living in Ulverston Lancashire. His occupation is a  Merchant Tailor - he also has a son Arthur who is 19 - his occupation is a tailor(gentlemans).

Do you know what Arthur's occupation was on the marriage certificate - and the occupation of his father?

I'll look on Free BMD - also Cheshire BMDand Lancashire BMD to see if there is a marriage.

Regards

Neptune

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dream

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 October 09 09:56 GMT (UK) »
good morning . thank you once again for your kind help . on marriage certific it says arther taleyson jones as a labourer and his father arther as a harpist . and he married my granmother ada lillian saunderson .december 24th 1924 . his age was 27 and hers 19 .  i dont mind if it a bigamist marriage just i cant find any record of it being bigamist . i watched on tv on who do you think you are that a bigamist 2nd family had no idea of his ist marriage but they found his sisters that were still alive . i did have tears course would be great find another family . my poor dad was told his mother had to get married to have him but family told so many white lies cos marriage 1924 and my dad born 1926 . thanks again from denise .

Offline Scott Street

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 November 09 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Dear Cari
I am researching John Edward Roberts, grandson of Edward and Margaret Pryce for a lady whose father was the brother of John Edward.  She is anxious to get in touch with any living relatives.  If you are connected with the Pryces, perhaps you could let me know.
Regards
Diane

Offline dream

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 20 November 09 13:19 GMT (UK) »
i have been trying to find family of my granfather who name was arther taliesin jones and am sure his mum was a ellen pryce of birkenhead and father was taliesin jones . and think marriage was in birkenhead. i have a marriage certific for arther taliesin jones and my grandmother ada but maybe a bigamist marriage . i try for ages with no luck , is this any help from denise

Offline carigreen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 23 November 09 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Dear Diane - thank you for your response.  I believe my 'friend' and your 'lady' are one and the same!  I promised I`d post a message for her but I believe you are the expert in this area so I will leave it up to you.  Thanks again for your help.
Cari
Bradley, Tredwell, Pigg, Piggott, Tudor, Jones

Offline Scott Street

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 23 November 09 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cari,

I thought that might happen. I'll keep on trying.

Diane

Offline rwarburton

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 13 December 14 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Just to inform all that my family are listed here on this thread.  Ref: Taliesin Jones (wife Beatrice and daughters Annie,Lilly and Edith) living in Ulverston Lancashire.  I do have other information if required.  Thank you.