Author Topic: Desendants of Hind Family Brigg/Broughton  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Michelle Dursun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Desendants of Hind Family Brigg/Broughton
« on: Saturday 26 September 09 02:26 BST (UK) »
Hi there. I am a decendant of Thomas Hind (Baptised in Wrawby in 1810). His parents were Richard and Mary Hind (nee Wright). I am searching for information on Thomas' siblings - Ann Hind (Baptised 1798) & Francis Hind (Baptised 1802). Thomas was convicted at poaching in 1834 and transported to Australia. We are the Australian branch of the family looking for information about family in Lincolnshire. We have a transcript of a letter Thomas wrote (in 1853) to his brother in England enquiring about the family and about Thomas' son??? Would love to find out any information about the family. Thanks Michelle Dursun (nee Hinds)

Offline hindt01

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Desendants of Hind Family Brigg/Broughton
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 December 16 15:46 GMT (UK) »
Please see attached picture, not sure if it's the same.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Re: Desendants of Hind Family Brigg/Broughton
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 December 16 17:31 GMT (UK) »
I have a friend who lives in Broughton and she used to talk about an Auntie Hind, but they weren't related. So there may still be relatives living in Broughton.
If I remember rightly, I think Auntie Hind may have died early 2000s.

Offline Michelle Dursun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Decendants of Hind Family Brigg/Broughton
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 December 16 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Dear Billy,
Much thanks for responding to my inquiry. I imagine the Hind family that you are referring to is related to my ancestor family - the first names in the tree are all very similar. From the family tree that you posted I can't see a direct link - but I imagine that my ancestor - James Hind (1720 - 1789 in my tree) was a brother of William Hind (1721 - 1795 - in your tree).

I am delighted if there are still members of the Hind family in Broughton. We visited from Australia in 2010 but did not meet any Hind family members.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards - Michelle Dursun (nee Hinds)