Author Topic: Reasons for not finding birth record?  (Read 12231 times)

Offline aljepeka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons for not finding birth record?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 October 09 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi again  :),

According to emerald ancestors both marriages took place locally.
The 1st  at Richhill Prebyterian and the 2nd at Ahorey Presbyterian.

To my knowledge Woodview is an area near Richhill. I have not checked as to whether it is a townland or not but will do. It is close to 'Hockley'.  There is a garden centre and cafe  there called Woodview.  I will  check this out and be on later tonight once kids etc are in bed  ;D.

Aljepeka
HARVEY-Drumnagoon/Seagoe/Portadown
McMURRAY,GIBSON,FITZSIMMONS-Crossmacaughley/Crossmacahilly/Moyraverty/Portadown
WOODS-Knocknamuckley/Portadown
CARDWELL,MORELAND-Dromore/Dromara/Waringstown
BOWEN-Tipperary
FREEBURN-Tartaraghan/Drumcree/Derrylard/Portadown

Offline amers411

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 November 09 02:12 GMT (UK) »
Okay, so Woodview is probably a small town like Richhill or a townland then?

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with marriages to women of the same name.  I have both of the marriage records through the Irish Family History Foundation and indeed they were two different people with the same name.  Church was different as Aljepeka said, as well as the father's names.

It is interesting why certain things show up in one place and not in another, I've noticed that as well.  I have no idea why Robert's first marriage didn't show up on the index search when it shows up elsewhere.  Strange.

Offline aljepeka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 November 09 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

I was talking to my father-in-law this evening , he used to live in Richhill. Unfortunately he could not clarify the area known as Woodview for me. He did however think it was in the  same general area as myself. Googling Woodview was not a great help. However, I did find a family tree by a family called Creaney and they had in it..   'Woodview, Hockley'. - This to me is another bit of evidence to support where I think it is. 
I also found a modern day address which included Woodview on the Drummanmore Road.  If you google a map of Richhill and just of the Portadown Road there are two roads named Drumilly Road and as above Drummanmore Road.  This is were I think the area known as Woodview is/was.   
Perhaps if we can locate an old map of the area it will state 'woodview' on it . 
It is not a village , town or townland just what the locality was known as.  There was probably a wooded area there perhaps on the Castledillon Estate hence how it got it's name.

Sorry to ramble , if I find out anything else I will be in touch.
I will pm you when  I can.

Aljepeka
HARVEY-Drumnagoon/Seagoe/Portadown
McMURRAY,GIBSON,FITZSIMMONS-Crossmacaughley/Crossmacahilly/Moyraverty/Portadown
WOODS-Knocknamuckley/Portadown
CARDWELL,MORELAND-Dromore/Dromara/Waringstown
BOWEN-Tipperary
FREEBURN-Tartaraghan/Drumcree/Derrylard/Portadown

Offline t_creaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 November 09 08:06 GMT (UK) »
I guess it was my family tree that Aljepeka came across. I can’t add much, however, there was a Post Office called Woodview on the site of the present day Hutchinson’s garden centre, it would have been there until the 1950s. I have had certificates  showing Woodview, Hockley as the place of residence  and I know my family were living in that precise area.

I have done quite a bit of research in the immediate area and have come across the Albin name a lot, in the books of a number of Churches in the area particularly Kilmore & Kildarton and headstones in various local graveyards.

tc
Creaney, Craney (Co Armagh)  Moffett (Cookstown & Larne) McCurdy (Co Antrim) Hind (Cumberland & Durham) Simpson (Co Tyrone) Steenson (Carnlough, Co Antrim) Irwin (Cumberland / Scottish Borders)