Author Topic: ***Completed*** Clark and Duff Dunfermline - Anyone help?  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
***Completed*** Clark and Duff Dunfermline - Anyone help?
« on: Sunday 01 November 09 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to trace info on my great grandparents, but being born and brought up in Wales it isn't easy. My granddad John (known as Jock) was born in 1921 in Dunfermline but sadly died in 1988, and although my grandmother is still alive she is now a bit hazy with the details. What I do know is that my granddad was born on 29/12/1921, he had a brother named William (who married a Rose), a sister called Kate who i think married  William Deswarte, a sister called Elizabeth (known as Betty and she died young), a sister called Georgina (known as Ina) who was born feb 1914 and later married a Hamilton, a sister called Eileen, she was born in Feb 1921 and she married a welsh man called Edward Davies who died whilst painting(?) the forth bridge, a sister called Susan who i think had a middle name of Mcivor. These were all children of John Clark (who my Nan thought was from Dundee) and Eliza (could be Elizabeth) Duff (who my Nan thought had come from the Dunfermline area. Before Eliza married John she had a child with another man who apparently died before they could marry. This child was Margaret (Peggy) Helen Duff born 1912, i think she got married and the emigrated to the USA. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks  :)

Sarah ??? ???
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline DDJJake

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Clark and Duff Dunfermline - Anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 November 09 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rah
I have sent you a personal message with a lot of sensitive data on your Great and Great Great Grandparents on the Clark line.
Cheers
DDJJAKE
Auchmutie, Ingles, Henderson, Fife, Patrick, Moffat, Collier, Hunter, McLeod, Cassells  in Fife
Henderson, Nicoll, Baxter, Hill in Angus, Nicoll in California USA, Australia
Henderson Cuthbert, Hendry in Perth, and NY State
Telfer, Walker, Rennie, Maclaren in Falkirk, Glasgow, Paisley, USA, Australia, NZ
Rennie in Winnipeg
Richardson in Lochmaben, Dumfries
Kerr in Midlothian, Stirling, Illinois, Ontario, Manitoba
Waddel in West Lothian, Ohio
McMillan in Argyll

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Clark and Duff Dunfermline - Anyone help?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 November 09 21:34 GMT (UK) »
I have read the e-mail and replied personally but would just like to state for the record I am over the moon about the info and the depth of your research, thank you very much for your time effort and hardwork.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sarah
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline Sam.ross91

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: ***Completed*** Clark and Duff Dunfermline - Anyone help?
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 December 15 04:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi is there any way you could contact me was your grandfather jock ingles a soilder ?