Author Topic: MORONY family  (Read 4970 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MORONY family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 November 09 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Hmmm - this is all very mixed up isn't it?

I wonder if we are looking at brothers marrying sisters or cousins????? ???

The child's death that I found (also with death place OAKL) is definitely indexed with mother's name as Bridget
 MOLONY, father Martin.  The Bridget found by Cando and Sparrett buried at Oakleigh, death reg 1890 has her father's name listed as John MOLONY, and b abt 1842.

The Martin MORONY buried at Oakleigh 1905 has a mother's name the same (almost) as Bridget's but the father is listed as John MORONY

Oh dear, I'm confused.  I think the death certs for a couple of these are needed.  There could well be some mistranscriptions here  ??? ???

Do we have the immigration for this family? I see assisted passages (PROV) for
 Bridget MORONY, 24,  arr 1840 Coromandel, Book2 page 151
also Biddy MORONY, 23 arr 1854, Phoebe Dunbar, Book 11, page 113 - with Anne MORONY 27 Can't see Martin on the same ship but there are 3 Martin MORONEYs on the index.
 ??? ???

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 November 09 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Marriage
MORONEY Martin
MOLONEY Bridget
1860  Reg#3625

There are twelve possibly thirteen births to this couple - all registered at Oakleigh in the name MORONEY/MORONY with Bridget's name as MOLONEY.  Three children deceased by 1888 all with surnames MORONEY/MORONY and mother MOLONEY and place of death Oakleigh.

There is this birth and death for one of their children.

MORONY Maria
Father Martin  Mother Bridget MOLONEY
At Oakleigh   1869  Reg#24147

MORONY Maria Louisa
Father Morony Martin  Mother Bridget MALONEY
28 years  at Hotham West  1900  Reg#5813

Also another child died at Oakleigh in 1900 - Bridget's surname MOLONEY.

I wonder who was the informant on Martin's death certificate....?confusion as to his parents' names.  The 1860 marriage certificate would give more information.

There are two other deaths in 1902 and 1906, with parents John MO/ARONEY and Catherine/Kate CANAVAN -  at Kiewa and Oakleigh - ? Martin's siblings.

? connection with the original request?

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to all who are trying to help,I really appreciate it,but nothing so far has rung any bells
 Martin Morony was born in 1815  co Clare and marr Kate Clancy before 1841 when Ann was born. Ann  marr Thomas Dunn in Geelong in 1859 and had her first child in Melbourne in 1860, her second child in Geelong in1862 and then had 8 children all born in Colac. Thomas died in Colac and Ann came back to  Geelong to live until 1929 when she was buried in Colac. Her death cert states father is Martin Morony and mother is Kate Clancy. As Kate din't come out with them, it is presumed she had died.
Martin and his other daughter, Bridget,  have not been traced since they landed in Melbourne, after arriving in 1854 on the "Conway"
I have copies of the 1830 -1920 Births, the 1830 - 1980 death's and the 1830 - 1930 Marr  for Victoria and nothing .
Martin could have marr again but each Martin in the files comes from the wrong place or wrong date.  There are quite a few marr for Bridget Morony but when I looked up their deaths it was the wrong parents. So now you can see my problem.  Thanks again for all your trouble.       Val

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val :)

I agree... you have a problem.  Sorry we haven't been able to help.  Have you looked in other states?

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val,
Yes, I'm sure we all see the difficulties in your resarch

As you probably are aware, a good deal of Genealogical work depends on eliminating possibilities, so that facts are exposed.
Sometimes these  'possibles' prove to be irrelevant and can be disguarded, but often a chink is found through which the truth may lie.

We on the forum work through all possibilities as methodically as we can and quite often mistakes in previous research and wrong assumptions turn up and breakthroughs happen.

This is why we go over "Old Ground"

I do not intend these remaarks to upset anyone, but offer them only as comment. :D

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue Thanks for your imput and to all the others who have tried to help.  I think I eliminated all the possibilities a few years back and hoped that there might be some new info, but as often happens, you have to concede that some people do not seem to want to be found.  I'll just have to try again later but I'll not give up as I can't stand not knowing.
  Thanks again to all    Val

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Now I see them indexed on PROV assisted passenger list as MORONEY, Conway, 1854, Book 10, page 251
Martin, 39
Ann, 13
Bridget, 10

May be at Library on Thursday and wiull have a look incase there's more info on the fiche.

Just on a point of "tidying up" I found the will of Martin MORONY, farmer of Oakleigh, died 1905; his surviving children listed as: James, John, Martin Thomas, Catherine, Margaret and Hanorah, all surnames MORONY.  Thus it's unlikely that he is part of Sani's family.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 21 October 17 12:33 BST (UK) »
I have come across your post and wondering if your Bridget Morony married Ralph Fuller?  I am researching the Fuller family.  My Ralph Fuller also immigrated to Melbourne and married a Bridget Morony.
Taylor, Grehan, Fuller, Blackwell

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 25 October 17 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi All    I have Martin Morony b 1815 in Co Clare, and his daughters Ann b 1841 and Bridget b 1844 came to Australia in 1854. I have Ann's family, but Martin and Bridget dissappeared after they landed in Melbourne. Can any-one help in finding what happened to them Please.  With Thanks    Sani

Hi Sue Thanks for your imput and to all the others who have tried to help.  I think I eliminated all the possibilities a few years back and hoped that there might be some new info, but as often happens, you have to concede that some people do not seem to want to be found.  I'll just have to try again later but I'll not give up as I can't stand not knowing.
  Thanks again to all    Val

Well, this seems to be the death of the woman

Bridget McMAHON
Age 69
At Geelong, Victoria
Father Moroney Martin
Mother  Cath Clancy
Reg 14079 Yr 1914

She married Patrick MCMAHON
McMAHON, Patrick born Clare
MARONEY, Bridget
1874/2979

There were children and these can be listed if this information is still of interest.

I have come across your post and wondering if your Bridget Morony married Ralph Fuller?  I am researching the Fuller family.  My Ralph Fuller also immigrated to Melbourne and married a Bridget Morony.

So, no, it is two different women.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk