Author Topic: Stone family  (Read 4667 times)

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stone family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 July 15 10:22 BST (UK) »
Ancestry has brief transcript and says marriage took place in Shelton, Bedfordshire.

The three Florences (without a middle name) registered Q4 1893 were registered in Watford, Wangford (Suffolk) and West Ham.

The only Florences (with Edward as father) of right sort of age I can find in 1901 were born in Bristol. I think these match with the two Keynsham registrations in 1894.

As Florence was in her late twenties when she married it is quite likely she was married some distance from her birthplace.

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline GenesA

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 July 15 10:28 BST (UK) »
The marriage certificate would give Edward's occupation and make it easier to determine which Florence is yours on the census.  :)

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 July 15 11:46 BST (UK) »
One of the Bristol Florences (daughter of Edward and Sarah) was baptised as Florence Maria Stone on 31 Dec 1893 and born on 4th Dec 1893 (not one of the Keynsham registrations). So it looks like she is eliminated.

I have found the Florence registered Wangford in 1901, listed as Flora, with her father Edward and mother Louisa in Bungay. Louisa was his second wife. Edward's first wife was Ann Elizabeth Davis, but because of  problems merging trees on FTM, just before old laptop died. I hadn't re-entered 2nd wife and her children. It would be interesting if this was your Florence because she is my husband's grandmother's second cousin. Edward was a blacksmith and two of his son's (Florence's half brothers) were printer's apprentices. Many of the Stone family worked for Clay's printers in Bungay.

I agree getting a copy of Florence's marriage certificate should be your next move, to confirm father's occupation.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline claire88

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 30 July 15 21:11 BST (UK) »
Ok thank you . I will look to get that