Author Topic: Donald Fraser & Merran Matheson  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Betty S

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Donald Fraser & Merran Matheson
« on: Sunday 06 December 09 05:32 GMT (UK) »
Could some kind person please help me with my  gggrandfather parents? His  name was Donald Fraser,born around 1826, in Clachtoll,sutherland. He married Merran Matheson around 1849 in Clachtoll/Stoer, I haven't been able to get a proper copy of the wedding cert. just the date and names of them......TIA, Betty S
Rodger/Stewart: Ayr, Renfrew,Lanark: Stewart/Blair:Argyll,Ayr:
Macleod/Fraser/Matheson/Mcgregor:Sutherland
Breheny/Murphy:Tasmania, Ire
McLeods to Aus

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Fraser & Merran Matheson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 December 09 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Betty,

As the marriage took place before 1855, there will not be a certificate, but an entry in the OPR - if the couple bothered, or if a record survived.  The currently online records are only for those of the 'established' church.

I see no record on the LDS website or on Scotlands People - the official govt website.

I note that in all of Scotland, there is only 1 Merran Fraser, other name Matheson, dying, and that was in 1894 in Sutherland.

If you don't have a copy of the above,
Register on www.ancestralscotland.com/signup/register/ You will get 10 free units from their joint promotion with Scotlands People. You only need 6 units to search and view and download the  image on line at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk 

Regards,  Steve

Offline Betty S

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Fraser & Merran Matheson
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 December 09 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Steve......I tried Scot. people with no luck, so I will try your othe suggestion....Thanks again, Betty S
Rodger/Stewart: Ayr, Renfrew,Lanark: Stewart/Blair:Argyll,Ayr:
Macleod/Fraser/Matheson/Mcgregor:Sutherland
Breheny/Murphy:Tasmania, Ire
McLeods to Aus