Author Topic: Williamson and Davis  (Read 3329 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Williamson and Davis
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 18:24 GMT (UK) »
From census entries Johanna is showing a birth year of c. 1820-1. Have you tried to find her death cert to see what it says regarding her mother's name?

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alberta exile

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica
Johannahs death certif shows her as 46 when she died in 1870
The mothers name is not very clear it could be Davidson or Anderson if I had to bet my own money I would say Margaret  Davidson
I checked the wedding for Catherine Williamson and Robert Robertson in 1849 and it stated that she was the daughter of William Williamson, laborourer, Shetland, that is the exact wording for Johannahs marriage certif in 1841
It really does look like Catherine and Johannah were sisters.
There are only 2 births in the Shetlands for Catherine Williamson between 1827 and 1830 and the parents names do not match, I have a Magnus Williamson and Margaret Bruce and a Thomas Williamson/Elizabeth Anderson the  parrish was Bressay could that be Brass you found?It still does not fit very well?
Ian

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 19:34 GMT (UK) »
The closest I can see on IGI is a William Williamson and a Margaret Williamson (not Davidson)  :) They had both a Catherine and a Johanna although the christening date for that Johanna looks too early, 1815.

To try and confirm the maiden name for Margaret, you could try contacting SP on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/content/contactus/form.aspx?issue=24 if the image is not clear regarding her maiden name - SP are very good on responding on this type of query

Can't see an SP death entry post 1855 for a Margaret Davidson/Williamson  :-\

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk