Author Topic: Please help me to unravel a Woolley problem  (Read 7813 times)

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me to unravel a Woolley problem
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Yes I did the post on the Leicestershire board and Diddymiller very kindly went to have a look at the parish records for me but there was nothing there to help.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,432513.0.html

I have more or less convinced myself that the birth certificate with Elizabeth as mother belongs to the other Thomas Woolley on the 1861 census as he gives his place of birth as Burton not Hathern.  Which I think is good for me as then I can go back to the theory of Sarah Woolley-Bramley being his mother, which I liked.

I do think I need to check out the 1842 birth as it seems to be the only other option.

There are a couple of trees with Eliza Kelham-Caldwell-Woolley on giving a dob of 4 Mar 1843 for Thomas Woolley but there is no source and I can't see where they might have got the information from.  Still wouldn't tie in with the Sep 1842 birth though.

Luzzu
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire

Offline JulieMWhyte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me to unravel a Woolley problem
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 13:02 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have George Woolley who married Martha Deakin  I believe Their daughter Sarah Woolley  born Mountsorrel married Thomas Palmer and had a daughter Sarah Elizabeth who married Isaac Ward and Rose who married George Thomas Liddemore in 1884

I believe there is a connection to Harry Woolley (possibly the one who died in 1896 in Cheshire.
I say this because Rose & G.T Liddemore had a son Harry Wooley Liddemore and their daughter Eliza who married John (Jack) Bottomley had a son Harry Woolley Bottomley.
Harry Liddemore died in WW1 and I always felt that Harry Bottomley was named after his deceased uncle but now I think that possibly Martha Deakin wasn't George Woolley's first wife and maybe not Sarah Woolley mother.
This is only based on naming patterns as there are no Martha's in the family .
Could Harry be a brother to Sarah ???