Author Topic: Daniel and Janet Kane  (Read 13909 times)

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel and Janet Kane
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kristy & Monica

many thanks for the update, and thanks for the extra kids............i did wonder about the First Grace McCain as she is not on any records over here, though there is another Grace Kane born here in NZ which might belong to Daniel and Janet.

You have also given me the same date of birth for Janet b. 1871 (daughter) that  the gentleman who was/is doing research via the rootsweb link i was given, so we are getting closer and it is getting more exciting, i have managed to email and have a reply from this gentleman.

I have alot of New Zealand things about the Kerr Kane family, though still collecting information.........so i have the marriages and children via the online BDM as well and marriages and deaths.  The rest i have found via Geneologist CD and fiches at the local library. 

The help of everyone here has been great and much appreciated and i thank the person who told me give the scottish board a go as you are all very helpful and friendly.............Thanks ;D
Wifes side    
Bayley (Wem & Chester & Canada), Davies(Llandgela), Price (Shropshire), Evans, Healey (Sligo Ireland) Harrison (Cheshire), Brereton (Haslington, Cheshire), Ford (Mow Cop/Haslington, Cheshire)

Husbands side
Plaisted (London UK, Australia & New Zealand), Gillbanks (England to New Zealand) Ridley (Kent to New Zealand) Gordon (Perth Scotland to New Zealand), Hill (Antrim Ireland to New Zealand) Alfuth/Alford (Kokoszki, Poland to New Zealand) Hoppy (Germany? to New Zealand)

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Forgot to ask

I know that they started the birth registration in Scotland in 1855......however what sort of info did you get at that stage, asking due to the comment about lots of info............

Thanks

Claire :)
Wifes side    
Bayley (Wem & Chester & Canada), Davies(Llandgela), Price (Shropshire), Evans, Healey (Sligo Ireland) Harrison (Cheshire), Brereton (Haslington, Cheshire), Ford (Mow Cop/Haslington, Cheshire)

Husbands side
Plaisted (London UK, Australia & New Zealand), Gillbanks (England to New Zealand) Ridley (Kent to New Zealand) Gordon (Perth Scotland to New Zealand), Hill (Antrim Ireland to New Zealand) Alfuth/Alford (Kokoszki, Poland to New Zealand) Hoppy (Germany? to New Zealand)

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Have a look at some of the topics at the top of the Scotland board, for example:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,106234.0.html
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,24468.0.html
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,43916.0.html

They will help you find your way around some of the Scottish online resources and advise you how to get the most out them.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Nell, much appreciated
Wifes side    

Husbands side

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 05 February 10 02:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have finally manged to verify.......with out a printout of the marriage cert, that Janet Neil nee Kane is the daughter of Daniel Kane (McCain) and Janet Kerr.  I did this by finding the headstone inscription for Janet Neil at the library, which has her parents names, husbands name and also the length of time in NZ and also that she was born in Kilbrinie in Scotland.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Claire
Wifes side    

Husbands side

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 05 February 10 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update Claire  :) Great that you have been able to confirm the details to link it all back to the family in Scotland.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 05 February 10 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica

I really must remember to use rootschat a bit more often, though it is nice to use when i get stuck with something instead, i love the hunting.

Claire ;D
Wifes side    

Husbands side

Offline Hopskinny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 22 May 11 11:30 BST (UK) »
Daniel and Janet are my great grandparents. If you need any further info about the family, please let me know.

Cheers
John

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 22 May 11 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Hopskinny

Wow that is a lovely photo, i will be in touch later today so i can tell you our connection, it is very slim and i was doing the research for another gentleman.  I have also been contacted by another researcher in america about the same family.

Anyway will get back to you later today.

Claire
Wifes side    

Husbands side